How to tune OTA channels with keypad?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

thesnedecors@hotmail.com

Original poster
Feb 18, 2004
Hi, newbie question (I did search):

I just got my 811, with 269. I have OTA analog and digital and can channel up and channel down and see all of them, and they're in the guide and I can navigate to them in the guide. However, I can't directly tune to them from the keypad. This will make it difficult for my TiVo to get to the locals, because it tunes using the numbers on the keypad.

For example, in my area, I have channel 13-0 (analog), and 13-1 and 13-2 (over the air digital, at 70-90% lock).

I can't tune to any of these channels with the number keypad. when I key in 13, the channel does not change from where it is. When I enter 131, I of course get satellite channel 131 .

Is there a way to enter these OTA's (analog and digital) using the keypad? Is there a "dash" somewhere that I don't see?

I haven't had it long enough to RTFM, so if it's in there.................
nevermind.

Snedecor

Teach TiVo?

KyDave said:
For channel 13.0, press 0130
For channel 13.1, press 0131
For channel 13.2, press 0132

Thanks for the information.

Anyone know if it is possible to teach TiVo to do this?

I'll probably have to go to a TiVo hacking forum.....

Again, thanks!

Snedecor

KyDave said:
For channel 13.0, press 0130
For channel 13.1, press 0131
For channel 13.2, press 0132

This only works if you are already on an OTA channel. If you try to switch to an OTA channel from a satellite channel then it stays right on the satellite channel.

Mike

That's not how it works on my 811, you input 0072 and it goes directly to 7-2 no matter where you are. It's the same on my 6000.

You guys are saying the same thing. 7-2 from 0072. 13-2 from 0132. Thanks, I forgot about the lead zero and have been really frustrated trying to remember what worked previously.

I always enter a 5 digit sequence, it jumps a bit quicker on that fifth digit.

13-0 = 01300
13-1 = 01301
13-2 = 01302

etc..

Cyclone - You don't need 5 digits. Four (0131) will suffice.

Mike1002 - Sorry. You're wrong. You can enter the 4 digit number from any previous channel, sat OR OTA, and it will take you to either the particular local you've entered.

I believe that Cyclone was aware of the 4-digit sequence, just stating that if you enter 5 digits it changes channels a bit faster.