How to turn off duplicate HD channels.

Jefferson65

Original poster
Sep 11, 2007
Greenwood, IN
I was setting up my local channels for a replacement VIP622 receiver this week and discovered a way to turn off the duplicate HD channels.

If you go into Menu, System Setup (6), and Local Channels (9) there is a "Chan Display" option in the middle column.

Under "Channel Display Preferences" there are now two columns, an option for Local Sat Channels and an option to Enable or Disable DishHD channels.

-Enable allows for DishHD channels to appear next to the standard-definition channel as well as in the four-digit range.
-Disable turns off only those DishHD channels that appear next to their standard-definition counterpart in the guide.

A great feature. But, it seems like an odd place for Dish to place this option. It would make more sense to offer it under System Setup/HDTV setup or Preferences/Guide Display.

That's easy: set up locks, and then hide locked channels. Select the specific channels you want locked, and they vanish.

Hi, I have a 722 & the top 250 chs. pkg. I would love to hide many of the crap chs. that I get as I don't watch them. Can you tell me the steps on how to eliminate those chs. from the guide when I scroll through it? That would be great. Thanks.:confused:

Hi, I have a 722 & the top 250 chs. pkg. I would love to hide many of the crap chs. that I get as I don't watch them. Can you tell me the steps on how to eliminate those chs. from the guide when I scroll through it? That would be great. Thanks.:confused:

Read this attachment, and it'll tell you all about it. The part you want specifically is called: "Hiding Adult content or Locked channels". Select the "Locked channels" choice, and the channels you chose to be locked will vanish out of the guides. Just select all the channels you don't want to see. I select everything I don't specifically subscribe to.

Attachments

• Chapter6.pdf
    2.9 MB · Views: 355
Favorites are easier than Locks, because you add what you want to see instead of removing a gazillion that you don't want.

Read this attachment, and it'll tell you all about it. The part you want specifically is called: "Hiding Adult content or Locked channels". Select the "Locked channels" choice, and the channels you chose to be locked will vanish out of the guides. Just select all the channels you don't want to see. I select everything I don't specifically subscribe to.

Thanks. I went to the favorites scrn. & checked off only the chs. I wanted to see in the guide & that worked. I have 1 question- Why do I NOT get ENCORE- #340 if I have the top 250 ch. pkg? I have all the other Encore feeds.:confused:

Because Encore east is part of the Starz movie package. The other encore channels have always been an incentive to get people to take the top package.

Thanks. I used to have Starz & didn't like their movies. If only Dish would let us a la carte chs. like C Band did. I had a 10' dish until a hurricane ripped it to pieces in 2004. It was always MUCH cheaper than Dish & cable and I got a lot more bang for my buck. TV has gotten so expensive over the last few years. :cool:

The problem with doing that is how do you know when Dish has added those 10 new HD channels.;)

By pressing the guide button multiple times, the guide switches from All Channels, Sub Channels, All HD Channels, and then your Favorites. This way you can always check for the multiple HD additions expected each week.

Say, does anyone know if there is an easy way to turn off the mapdown of local channels for TV2? That's something that's bothered me since I upgraded to the 622 about a month ago.

Say, does anyone know if there is an easy way to turn off the mapdown of local channels for TV2? That's something that's bothered me since I upgraded to the 622 about a month ago.

Yeah I just got Dish HD and was wondering the same thing?? Anybody know any secrets on this??

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts