How to turn on WiFi on Hopper 3

Home three times, Network, Internet Settings, Wireless Setup, Wifi Setup Wizard…
There is no option for wireless setup in the internet settings. Just "network details" and "reset network". Any suggestions? There is absolutely nothing in the internet settings for Wireless Setup.

Are you sure you have a Hopper 2/3? Other that the Wi-Fi chip not responding (something that may or may not be fixed with a reboot) there is no way to enable/disable Wi-Fi on a Hopper, only exception being when there is an alternative connection method (HIC, Ethernet). And even then you would still see the option to connect via Wi-Fi, just with a yellow banner saying "Wireless is connected but disabled" or something

Reactions: sktrus and TheKrell
Are you sure you have a Hopper 2/3? Other that the Wi-Fi chip not responding (something that may or may not be fixed with a reboot) there is no way to enable/disable Wi-Fi on a Hopper, only exception being when there is an alternative connection method (HIC, Ethernet). And even then you would still see the option to connect via Wi-Fi, just with a yellow banner saying "Wireless is connected but disabled" or something
It is the Hopper 3. I have tried a reboot but there is no option whatsoever under internet settings for Wireless Setup.

Sounds like a possibly dead wireless chip then, had that happen with a Hopper w/sling. If you haven't contacted Dish I would do so, they'll probably replace it (Or know something, may as well be a new software bug). Or if you have a backup medium for recordings ( like another Hopper/EHD) and feel adventurous you could nuke the whole thing, either through the diagnostics menu or front panel buttons (UP+Power at the same time, release power once you see the starting up screen but keep UP pressed in until you see a recovery pop up). Would only do this as a last resort though.

Reactions: charlesrshell

image.jpg

Here’s what you should see on the internet setup screen. Notice lower right corner.

You're going to have to put a WiFi Adapter in or get a replacement Hopper 3. Seems the onboard WAN isn't working on yours

One thing I like about Dish support is whatever they suggest does not work they replace it with no cost to you. They probably won't do that if you own your Hopper or Joey. My replacement remote 54 arrived so fast. They told me to recycle the old one.

One thing I like about Dish support is whatever they suggest does not work they replace it with no cost to you. They probably won't do that if you own your Hopper or Joey. My replacement remote 54 arrived so fast. They told me to recycle the old one.
DISh will replace an owned Hopper or Joey, or any receiver for that matter, free of charge if your owned receiver is deemed faulty.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 3)