how to use 622 with dish 500 pan

ratbag

Original poster
Sep 14, 2005
I presently have an old dish 500 pan with 2 dual LNB's mounted on the plastic yoke aiming at 110+119 with a sw21 switch, this works fine for my 3100. However I was given a vip 622 and would like to hook it up to this same dish. I don't watch much tv and I know I should change the pan, and that 119+110 don't offer much HD but I don't really care... I just would like to know how to hook up this pan with the 622 if this is possible. thanks :)

you need to add another sw21 and another line to the rec or replace the existing lnbs and switch with a dpp twin which will run the 622 with one line into a separator

Great thanks Timberwolf,

so to confirm I have this right.... each Lnb has 2 cables that go into a sw21, then from there into receiver

2 lines from each lnb

1 line from each lnb into each switch so both switches get a feed from both lnbs

2 lines from the 2 switches to the rec inputs

Or use a >DP21.. like a DP 34 or 44. I used 3 dishes and 4 receivers on my 622 until I retired a few months ago and then I cut costs.. only one main receiver, two others share the 2nd output of the 622. And the 3 dishes were just replaced yesterday by 1000.4 and the receiver was replaced with a 722 as that was all the tech had when he found my receiver bad (it would not come on for about 15 minutes). Normal for that one. My previous 622 was fine until it was eaten in a power glitch. But that's another unrelated thread.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts