How to use DAPT for pointing HN7000

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jbuendia

Original poster
Oct 12, 2008
I got the FSB for using a DAPT for Ku pointing and it states that a 22khz filter is needed.

However, the HN9000 kit states it is backwards compatible for replacing the OPI and does not state it needs a 22khz filter.

Anyone have any experience with this and or comments from actual tried and true or false experience and please do not comment on 'thought of'.

Looking for actual hands on experience.

Thanks
Jamison

I got the FSB for using a DAPT for Ku pointing and it states that a 22khz filter is needed.

However, the HN9000 kit states it is backwards compatible for replacing the OPI and does not state it needs a 22khz filter.

Anyone have any experience with this and or comments from actual tried and true or false experience and please do not comment on 'thought of'.

Looking for actual hands on experience.

Thanks
Jamison

you do need a 22k filter

Thank you for the information. I have been trying to locate this filter without success. Any suggestions??

tater - no lie, i can hit 72, 74, 83, 87, 91, 93, 95, 113, 117, 127 with no filter, no problems, both sqf and xpol. 89 and 99 wont go thru the dapt. i havent tried 123.

Yes I have found some versions of firmware that will let the dapt work alone. When we were doing the Sherwin Williams jobs I even used just the straight dapt and that was on 89. The version of firmware was 5.3.0.28. With the newer version I have not had any luck without using the 22k block. I did a TB today "which BTW are very time consuming packing up all that crap" and used the dapt with the 22k block and had no issues. I have even had some that would not crosspol without turning the opi off. What I have been doing on some of the smaller jobs is just hooking up a N router and taking my laptop up for pointing. Will not work everywhere of course.

Yes I have found some versions of firmware that will let the dapt work alone. When we were doing the Sherwin Williams jobs I even used just the straight dapt and that was on 89. The version of firmware was 5.3.0.28. With the newer version I have not had any luck without using the 22k block. I did a TB today "which BTW are very time consuming packing up all that crap" and used the dapt with the 22k block and had no issues. I have even had some that would not crosspol without turning the opi off. What I have been doing on some of the smaller jobs is just hooking up a N router and taking my laptop up for pointing. Will not work everywhere of course.

aaaaaaaaaaaahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh.......thats what it is then....firmware. weve had a bunch of guys complaining that they cant get the dapt to work. whih would be why i was having an issue with 89 & 99.

Is there any1 that can tell me where to get this filter?? I've contacted my supplier and there no longer stock this item.

nothing on ebay or P-10(my distributor)

I'll try RSI now that you mentioned it. Thank you for the help!!

Dear friend

I have a Hughesnet HN 9000 activated but I have go to live for a while to cuba it is pocible to capture the sign from The Havana Cuba, for example: I can desarmer the hughesnet and to take it to cuba and to install it myself, Because there are not installers of Hughesnet in cuba. Please Help me . write me to : elcuraalvarez@yahoo.es

Still looking for 22khz block filter

Still no luck and now to add to my list is the fine elevation alignment tool.

If anyone has any information where I can get these two items...........................Please let me know.

It's killing my install times trying to peak these Ku systems in!!!

Still no luck and now to add to my list is the fine elevation alignment tool.

If anyone has any information where I can get these two items...........................Please let me know.

It's killing my install times trying to peak these Ku systems in!!!

here is something you can try, i heard this would work but have never tried it. take a splitter and put it in the place of the 22k block. in to the dapt and out to the lnb.

...and now to add to my list is the fine elevation alignment tool.
I saw one on eBay recently, and you can get them here too: Search Results - DiRECWAY / HughesNET Tripod for Satellite Internet, Take it Anywhere

Not sure why the 22KHz filter is actually used, considering that 22 KHz is turned off in the modem interface. Mine is semi-permanently strapped to the OPI-C, but I just assumed that it was passive. Or does yours not work at all without the filter inline?

//greg//

PC OPI

I found a program that runs on your laptop and works in conjunction with the modem. You do not have to open a browser window nor do you have to enable the opi in setup.

Just interface with the modem and run the program. You can point and do manual and automatic cross-pols.

I'm not sure how to upload this so if someone can tell me how I'll post it.

Thanks to every1 that has posted here and tried to help me obtain these items.

I finally got a pair of filters and am gonna try it out tomorrow on a Ku.

Thanks for the link for the eltool. Kinda expensive. Before P10 discontinued it it was $24.95.

If anyone else knows where I can pick one up cheaper please let me know.

Thanks to all,
Jamison

I found a program that runs on your laptop and works in conjunction with the modem. You do not have to open a browser window nor do you have to enable the opi in setup.

Just interface with the modem and run the program. You can point and do manual and automatic cross-pols.

I'm not sure how to upload this so if someone can tell me how I'll post it.

Thanks to every1 that has posted here and tried to help me obtain these items.

I finally got a pair of filters and am gonna try it out tomorrow on a Ku.

Thanks for the link for the eltool. Kinda expensive. Before P10 discontinued it it was $24.95.

If anyone else knows where I can pick one up cheaper please let me know.

Thanks to all,
Jamison

did you get the program off a website?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)