How to verify eSATA drive is actually working

Status
Please reply by conversation.

BAG

Original poster
Dec 17, 2008
Just got a HR21 and connected a 1TB eSATA drive. Programmed some shows to record last night and modified the Favorite Channel Guide. This morning I show NO shows recorded, NO History, and an unmodified Channel Guide. Any ideas what happened? How can I tell that I'm recording to the eSATA drive, I don't see any menu that shows the drive is attached. Thanks for the help!

Just got a HR21 and connected a 1TB eSATA drive. Programmed some shows to record last night and modified the Favorite Channel Guide. This morning I show NO shows recorded, NO History, and an unmodified Channel Guide. Any ideas what happened? How can I tell that I'm recording to the eSATA drive, I don't see any menu that shows the drive is attached. Thanks for the help!
Welcome to the site !
Generally there is nothing stating that you are using a Internal or an External drive.
IF you recorded stuff last night and think (hope) it's on the EHD, try disconnecting the EHD and reboot and see if your shows are there when the reboot is done ... if so, it's probably on the internal, meaning that the EHD was not connected.
IF the EHD was connected, Did you reboot after you hooked it up ?
If not, thats probably your issue, do a reboot and it will read the EHD, if you want to go back to the Internal, disconnect the EHD and reboot again.

Jimbo

I believe that's true for the first time the external drive is connected. Obviously, series links made for the internal drive won't get transferred to the external and visa versa.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)