wallyhts

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Lifetime Supporter
Apr 24, 2008
How-To Video Poll

It would be nice to create a video on all subjects.
It would help new folks that get into FTA and it could answer many questions for them.

The fixed Ku system, and motor would be very useful.

Door-knocking could be a written FAQ.
I think Linuxman (and others) may have posted some great basic material.

I'm not really sympathetic to the mini-BUD idea.
We've had plenty posted.
Perhaps a list of links to the better info would suffice.

Have you checked YouTube?
Maybe someone has done a credible job on some of these subjects.

I need to get some magnetic signs that say " Primestar Equipment Recovery Team" :D

The fixed Ku system, and motor would be very useful. those would be my vote basic infor for those starting out ;)

Have you checked YouTube?
Maybe someone has done a credible job on some of these subjects.

Yes sadoun has a few but the sound is not that great and hard to follow. Nothing that was like WOW!!!

Anole said:
Door-knocking could be a written FAQ.

Perhaps I was thinking I could be wired (mic) and have the camera guy (aka adamson) hidden in a van or the woods depending on locations.

Wallyhts,

I cast my vote for the video of installing a HH motorized system. I have always wanted to do that for others benefit, just never got around to it.
Such a video could encompass much of the pertinent points of the topic of the first choice (Installation of a complete Ku system) as it kinda has to
go hand in hand.

What would be nice would be to include some sidebars regarding each faction of the different mounting systems - i.e. NPRM / Wall mount / portable
or relocatable tripod / ground mast (concreted in). Then cover items akin to selecting the actual dish installation site such as using the solar outage
calculator, etc. You could make an entire series of videos that would just add support for the actual HH setup - let alone the setup of the HH itself!
You could cover a whole miriad of information in just one series and create an entire "mini-video-library" if you wish.

This "video library" would be a godsend for new folks who want to set up a HH system! If you do this, I would definitely support the cause in any way
that I am capable of.

RADAR

Besides showing how to setup motorized system, sideline and showing looking around through the satellites including hitting some news feeds and maybe a sports feed that is not a big deal. Show people why the hobby is fun. Make that video long and get them hooked. Don't forget adding old analog receiver 2 hit a special feed at the end of the aeeiea 2 cover everything.

I think that anything you would contribute would be a boon to the hobby. However, I'm going to vote by "write-in" and say that I would love to see a video on how to properly install/aim a dish with a polar mount and linear actuator. There's a lot of info available about setting up Ku H-H motors, but the only decent thing I've seen written on the polar mount is geo-orbit and I've never seen a video.

I think that anything you would contribute would be a boon to the hobby. However, I'm going to vote by "write-in" and say that I would love to see a video on how to properly install/aim a dish with a polar mount and linear actuator. There's a lot of info available about setting up Ku H-H motors, but the only decent thing I've seen written on the polar mount is geo-orbit and I've never seen a video.

Thanks for the post. I agree that would be a great video. :)

I agree hard to find a good video on this anymore. Would be nice to show people.

A generic motor install video would be great. Too many videos are equipment specific rather than teaching hows and whys.

"Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him for a lifetime."
unknown author

I'm gonna go with the motor how-to as well. This would also cover most of the basics in choice #1, but add emphasis on a motorized install.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts