WANTED OPINION ON VIEWSAT PVR 7000

Status
Please reply by conversation.
I've had one for several years. It works fine, the interface is a little harder to use than the Coolsat 5000. I've always used it slaved to the Coolsat, so I don't know how well it works controlling a motor. The recording function works well. (Or did, I don't think I've recorded anything since the History Channel went away.)
'

Hello jh98, I just recieved a viewsat pvr 7000 with a dish 500 sat dish with dual lnb i think that is what they are. I am new to this fta stuff. I am just wondering if those still work or not. Also, I am not looking to get anything other than free to air chanels. I have also a coolsat 5000 and two captive works 700 aswell but none seem to show picture. I get a s of 67% or better. If i am in the wrong area for this post please excuse me. Thank in advance.

Hello jh98, I just recieved a viewsat pvr 7000 with a dish 500 sat dish with dual lnb i think that is what they are. I am new to this fta stuff. I am just wondering if those still work or not. Also, I am not looking to get anything other than free to air chanels. I have also a coolsat 5000 and two captive works 700 aswell but none seem to show picture. I get a s of 67% or better. If i am in the wrong area for this post please excuse me. Thank in advance.

You can only get DVB mpeg2 with that STB. You should consider getting a STB that does dvb-s2 (mpeg4). You will need a new lnbf for sure.

preludedez said:

The receiver is worth $25+, but the Dish Network dish and circular polarity LNBFs are useless for Free To Air reception.

Your receivers are probably working for the standard definition MPEG 2 channels if you connect to a 36" (90cm) dish and linear LNBF.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts