Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mikey11

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Nov 9, 2009
canada
i will try to explain this simple,

i have a motorized dish at the rear of my home, and i have a stationary dish with two LNBs at the front of my home, one cable runs from each dish to my receiver that is located basically half way between them,

is there a simple way to wire both dishes into the one receiver using the current wiring? without running any more wires? i know the easy way would be to run a wire between the two dishes but im trying to avoid that.

the wire from the receiver needs to go directly to the motor does it not? so there isnt any way to split this with a switch?

People have successfully used a 22khz Ecoda switch, between and receiver and the motor, and then using the 22khz ON side of the switch to attach a Diseqc switch for multiple lnbf's . It is not the recommended configuration, but it's easy to try out. If it works for you, the 22khz switch may eventually burn up from the added current, but they are pretty inexpensive. Best thing to do, is try it out.
:)

If you are talking about using an H-H motor (SG2100 type) Try connecting a cable from your receiver to your motor, then a cable from your lnb connector on your motor to a 4 port Diseqc switch, then port 1 to your lnb on the motorized dish. Ports 2 and 3 to the lnb's on your stationary dish

actually an ecoda switch will pass the diseqc commands and wont fry the switches

Hook up would be

receiver------ecoda 0k side------------------motor----LNB
----------------ecoda 22k side-------diseqc---LNB's

now on the 0k side (the motor) if you have a Invacom QPH031 to combine the Circular and linear you'll need a diseqc switch

make sure to put the motor on the 0k side

actually an ecoda switch will pass the diseqc commands and wont fry the switches

Hook up would be

receiver------ecoda 0k side------------------motor----LNB
----------------ecoda 22k side-------diseqc---LNB's

now on the 0k side (the motor) if you have a Invacom QPH031 to combine the Circular and linear you'll need a diseqc switch

make sure to put the motor on the 0k side

Interesting!!! :) I may have to try this setup.

Currently, I have mine like this:
Receiver ------------> Ecoda 22k(on) side------------------>motor----> LNB

Receiver-----------> Ecoda 0k(off) side------->diseqc---------->LNB's

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts