How to wire whole house with 622

mikenewy

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Jul 13, 2004
I have the house wired through a DPP44, can't figure out how to send the signal to the whole house. I tried reading the user's manual, and can't figure out what they are talking about. The signal is split into the two tuners, do I get another splitter and split it into the cable out?

Connect two lines from your Dish switch (DPP44) to the Sat1, Sat2 inputs of your 622 receiver. Then TV out line from 622 connect to the input of a splitter. Connect other TVs in the house to the outputs of that splitter.

This is ment for the TV2 Home Distribution side whereas it can be split very safely on a 8 way splitter without suffering horrible picture quality.

Splitting the TV1 output with no amp, I wouldn't use anymore then a 2 way splitter.

Connect two lines from your Dish switch (DPP44) to the Sat1, Sat2 inputs of your 622 receiver. Then TV out line from 622 connect to the input of a splitter. Connect other TVs in the house to the outputs of that splitter.

Much cleaner to use one RG6 from the DPP44 to the 622 location. Then use a separator to feed the two tuner inputs.

This is ment for the TV2 Home Distribution side whereas it can be split very safely on a 8 way splitter without suffering horrible picture quality.

Splitting the TV1 output with no amp, I wouldn't use anymore then a 2 way splitter.
On the 622 there's only one RF out, TV1 and TV2 on different channels. That can be split to as many TVs as practical.

I have done it a few times with no problems.

Question for the OP.
If the 622 receiver located at the DPP44 or in another room?
How many lines of RG6 are ran to the receiver?
How many other tv's are you wanting to hook up to the 622?
Is the power supply for the DPP44 at the switch, or right behind the 622?

If you could let us know the answer to these, either myself or someone else can tell you exactly what you need to do, if you need diplexers, in what order everything needs to be hooked up, ect.

Thanks for all the help. The 622 is in the living room with one dedicated line from the dpp44 to the 622. A splitter feeds both TV1 and TV2. The DPP44 is in the garage and sends the sat signals to each room independently. Is there a way to go from the output cable back through the RG6 to the DP44 so that each tv has access to the 622 TV2 output? I wanted two additional tv's hooked up to it. One upstairs, with access to the DPP44 and one in the bedroom with access to the DPP44. Thanks for your efforts in explaining.

here is a quick sketch of basically how it should be wired.
The "splitter" can be be split off to as many tv's as you want.
The only wires that should be connected directly to the DPP44 is the wires coming from the satellite, and the wire going to the 622 (unless you have additional receivers).
If still confused or any further questions, just ask

Attachments

• drawing.pdf
    105 KB · Views: 190
Thanks Birdoggy, that's exactly what I need, its very clear from your diagram. Dish should hire you to provide simple instructive diagrams.

ha, there are diagrams like that out there on the web somewhere, but it was easier to just make something up real quick than to find one.
I'm glad will work for you, what you are wanting to do is pretty easy, the only tricky part for some people is the Diplexers, but as long as they are hooked up in the correct directions everything should work fine.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts