How tough is it to be a fan of Lousy Teams?

If your a fan of the team, You watch them to watch them play the sport, win or lose.

If you bandwagon jumper on the other hand....

Exactly why I sat and froze my butt off at 1990 Patriots (aka " the worst team in the history of the NFL") games.

Exactly why I sat and froze my butt off at 1990 Patriots (aka " the worst team in the history of the NFL") games.

That's also why I stuck through my Sabres in 2002-03, a year they finished as one of the league's worst teams and were thisclose to declaring bankruptcy.

Personally, I enjoy being a fan of my hometown teams no matter if they're lousy or great. I feel like I get more satisfaction when they do well if I've been a fan of them when they were lousy.

On a related note, I always shake my head at people who are fans of teams that win absolutely every single year. Take Ohio St football for example. I mean, how difficult is it to be an Ohio St fan? Unless you went to Ohio St or if you live(d) near Columbus I find it very, "convenient" that so many people are Buckeye fans.

Personally, I enjoy being a fan of my hometown teams no matter if they're lousy or great. I feel like I get more satisfaction when they do well if I've been a fan of them when they were lousy.

On a related note, I always shake my head at people who are fans of teams that win absolutely every single year. Take Ohio St football for example. I mean, how difficult is it to be an Ohio St fan? Unless you went to Ohio St or if you live(d) near Columbus I find it very, "convenient" that so many people are Buckeye fans.

Uh oh!
shithitsthefan.gif

:D

Last edited:

+1. When Cleveland finally wins a Championship in my lifetime, it will make up for all of the losing seasons. (Hopefully in my lifetime! ;))

Plus, I just can't see rooting for teams across state lines. Where I come from you root for your hometown team and take the lumps that go along with it.

Go: Browns, Indians, Cavs and Buckeyes!

If your a fan of the team, You watch them to watch them play the sport, win or lose.

If you bandwagon jumper on the other hand....

DITTO THAT says the proud Raiders, Dodgers and Trojans fan!

Plus, I just can't see rooting for teams across state lines. Where I come from you root for your hometown team and take the lumps that go along with it. Go: Browns, Indians, Cavs and Buckeyes!

Some of us get transferred every now and again. I pull for MY TEAMS regardless of where I am located. Screw the local home teams; unless mine come to town!