How Was or How Do You See Your Team's Bowl Game?

Ohh ok so Alabama didn't finish undefeated, I guess they have nobody to blame but themselves too huh? myeahhhh

I'm pulling hard for Okla St to destroy Stanford and I'm pulling for LSU to beat Bama by another FG in a low scoring game once again to prove it was a pure mistake of these matchups.

What happens when Stanford beats OkSt and Alabama wins ?
Then you have them play ?
Everyone will have at least one loss ...

Logic is simple.. LSU beats bama and if low scoring and boring again then that just smacks all those voters in the face again. Okla St destroying Stanford only helps add power to those slaps.

Ray Charles saw this logic...

Why does a LOW scoring game have to be Boring ?

Who says that it will be Low Scoring anyways ?

What do you consider low scoring ?

What is the u/o for this game ?

Mike Slive had it right a few years back with a plus one. It's funny that other commissioners didn't want it......until now.
BTW. Slive is still advocating a plus one today.

I don't really like the plus one, because there are years where there is a CLEAR # 1 after the initial bowl game, why would you then let others in to try an knock you off again ?

I THINK the Plus one will eventually get here once the BSC contract expires.
The Plus one will lead to the expansion to an playoff, which is a good thing, but I think they should just go to a playoff, say top 10 teams.

Last edited:
I've always hated the long layoff. I think it's a joke to wait 5-6 weeks to play a championship game. Start the season 3-4 weeks later!!!

tigerfan33 said:
I've always hated the long layoff. I think it's a joke to wait 5-6 weeks to play a championship game. Start the season 3-4 weeks later!!!

IMO the layoff is the only thing going for bama the second time around. I honestly think LSU would win by 10-14 points if they played after the SEC championship game. Lee would not touch the field to throw INT's and bama still has no kicker. All of that goes out the window with the layoff.

osu1991 said:
Use those weeks for a real playoff to determine a champion

I agree bigtime!!
They could still use the bowl games. Even if it were at home stadiums, they could still use the sponsors.

Most of the SEC Championship and other conferences still play into the middle of Dec, so it's not as long as you may think, however, till this year, the Big 10 always has ended thier season the weekend before Thanksgiving, so they are always having a LONG delay.

I agree bigtime!!
They could still use the bowl games. Even if it were at home stadiums, they could still use the sponsors.

The only down side of the playoff and I fully understand is from the players view.... the schedule they go thru each day with everything from practices to classes to sleep is just insane so the break is prob nice between last game to bowl game. The Bowls want them around the holidays which is lame all around, keeps people working these things and not home with family. I could do without durign xmas and new years just for this reason... play the bowls right after the conf title games the following week..higher ranked team is home team, sponsors go to those schools and tickets sold to season holders first then students then public/other team fans which I'm sure they would sell out considering most want to see a big game. The tickets wouldn't have to be made and sent out just purchase online and print (they have bar codes to scan)simple!

And with the way the BCS numbers are ESPN or however picks them up on TV would have plenty of time to get a crew in and setup so no excuse here!

The only down side of the playoff and I fully understand is from the players view.... the schedule they go thru each day with everything from practices to classes to sleep is just insane so the break is prob nice between last game to bowl game. The Bowls want them around the holidays which is lame all around, keeps people working these things and not home with family. I could do without durign xmas and new years just for this reason... play the bowls right after the conf title games the following week..higher ranked team is home team, sponsors go to those schools and tickets sold to season holders first then students then public/other team fans which I'm sure they would sell out considering most want to see a big game. The tickets wouldn't have to be made and sent out just purchase online and print (they have bar codes to scan)simple!

And with the way the BCS numbers are ESPN or however picks them up on TV would have plenty of time to get a crew in and setup so no excuse here!

The MAJOR Bowls are Born to be on NY's Day or the surrounding days. (I prefer NY day).

Next year will be the first year the Bucks will not play on NY day or later that I can ever remember.
Possibly once, they were poor when Tressell got started.

The MAJOR Bowls are Born to be on NY's Day or the surrounding days. (I prefer NY day).

Next year will be the first year the Bucks will not play on NY day or later that I can ever remember.
Possibly once, they were poor when Tressell got started.

Times change.... I'd prefer to spend the holidays with family and I'm sure all those working, playing and whatever would too or at least most cept for the greedy ones that love the OT but that's another topic in itself really.

So yeah strayin off here.... I see my team playing well, winning well who knows they are going up against a damn good Michigan team this year so win or lose I support em!

dvrexpander said:
Times change.... I'd prefer to spend the holidays with family and I'm sure all those working, playing and whatever would too or at least most cept for the greedy ones that love the OT but that's another topic in itself really.

So yeah strayin off here.... I see my team playing well, winning well who knows they are going up against a damn good Michigan team this year so win or lose I support em!

Your giving Michigan an awful lot of credit here ....

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

Your giving Michigan an awful lot of credit here ....

Sent from my Samsung Epic using SatelliteGuys

OMG... Yeah they are a damn good team, you are not giving them enough. But I see whats going on, you will trash them and if they beat vt you will trash vt even more....its really sad. VT is a good team, Michigan is a good team - should be a good game no matter who wins.

OMG... Yeah they are a damn good team, you are not giving them enough. But I see whats going on, you will trash them and if they beat vt you will trash vt even more....its really sad. VT is a good team, Michigan is a good team - should be a good game no matter who wins.

The second part of your statement is more correct.

Michigan is a Good team, no better than a Good team this year, next year they will be better, Brady Hoke has got them turning the corner and in the right direction.

They had NOWHERE to go but up, the D* last year was atrocious, so this year they HAD to be better, which they are.

As for me trashing them if they lose or win, nope, not me.

I don't ever trash them, never have probably never will.

Last edited:
The second part of your statement is more correct.

Michigan is a Good team, no better than a Good team this year, next year they will be better, Brady Hoke has got them turning the corner and in the right direction.

They had NOWHERE to go but up, the D* last year was atrocious, so this year they HAD to be better, wheich they are.

As for me trashing them if they lose or win, nope, not me.

I don't ever trash them, never have probably never will.

But this is just freakin funny! I see where this is going... VT wins here we go... "Ohh well vt played a "good" michigan team but not a very good team blah blah win or lose blah blah"

Ya know what... Michigan is a damn good team.. damn good program and will be a damn good match up.. kinda getting old every week.

But this is just freakin funny! I see where this is going... VT wins here we go... "Ohh well vt played a "good" michigan team but not a very good team blah blah win or lose blah blah"

Ya know what... Michigan is a damn good team.. damn good program and will be a damn good match up.. kinda getting old every week.

I am NOT a M fan though.

YOU on the other hand have been saying how GREAT your VaTech team is all year and now when they get to a bowl game it's we really don't have much of a chance ....

Look at some of your posts in the last two weeks about it.

M is a GREAT program, but not a Great team this year.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)