how will dlna work

larryf

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Feb 28, 2009
Texas
How is DLNA supposed to work when all the bugs are gone? On a two hopper/two joey setup, would I be able to watch my movies from my pc on any unit while watching tv on the others? Is there an option in the menu that you go to or what? How complicated is it to operate for a 85 year old in-law( is it straight forward or are there multiple steps)? Would it work as well and as easy as a WD TV unit? I am happy with my 622 and two 211's, but if I could ad my home media to these units and it be easy to use, I would like to upgrade. Would like your opinions before I move ahead.

You can enjoy videos, music, and pictures from your DLNA server on any Hopper or Joey independently from the others. To get to this you have to go to Menu and select Home Media. Then your server name will show up here. Once you select it, you will see all of your folders or media that you shared from your DLNA server.

I am unsure about what codecs it supports, but if you have a DLNA server on a computer (such as Tversity or Serviio) they can transcode the media to a format that will play on the Hopper/Joey.

Scott, any word on if they are working on fixing the direct connect failures that many of us are having with DLNA on our Hoppers?

Has anyone been able to get serviio working? I have tversity working but it is hit and miss as far as formats. Seems like it picks and chooses which mkv files it plays.

Scott, any word on if they are working on fixing the direct connect failures that many of us are having with DLNA on our Hoppers?
Yes they are.

Its funny DLNA was in the 922 but nobody used it. The used the same code in the Hopper and now everyone wants to use it. It shows how much things are changing!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)