Howdy All

Status
Please reply by conversation.
Welcome aboard.
We do have a FAQ section, but it may be a little intimidating or technical on first look

Tell us what you would like to watch, and we'll be able to direct you to specific info.

Satellites are to the south.
The better clear view you have to the south-east through south-west, the more birds you'll have to choose from.
Oh, Washington state, eh?
Make that south to south-east. :)

Dishes for Ku reception are typically three feet in diameter.
For C-band reception, eight foot is common.
Obviously, a 2nd story apartment balcony would limit your choices. ;)

Click on *The List* at the top of any page for a list of satellites on both bands.

That should get ya started.

Welcome to the site and FTA!! Do you have any FTA stuff right now?

No FTA stuff. I'm still making up my mind as the whether to go though the expense. I have "Satellite Direct" right now & I'm about 70% satisfied with it. I'm not sure what FTA holds for me; so I would really appreciate some input for those of you with experience.

I forgot. I do have a Directv HD dish & LNB; they didn't want it back when I cancelled. I also have a DishTv HD dish & an older DirecTv dish. The reason I cancelled on both companies is that both companies started charging me more that I had agreed to.

Seeings as they didn't want their stuff back I woul rather use it,legitimately if I can, than just throw it in the trash. or make a fancy birdbath out of them.

Last edited:
For newbies don't mess with the directv dishes go and get a 36'' round dish with the proper equipment is the best way to go. I reused a directv dish for several reasons but its more work than getting an all in one kit. 18'' pizza dishes are to small and the slimlines are small but can be used if you know what you are doing.

Dan Rose

If you want to experiment with those dishes you can...or save them until you get a little more experience and set you up a couple of fixed dishes. I highly recommend the GEOSATpro microHD receiver for SatelliteAV. He also sells a good 90cm(36") dish. Here is the link to a really good bundle deal and good price to get started.

http://www.satelliteav.com/p/shop/?ws_pid=1611&ws_cat=413

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts