How's The Speed?!

Hows The Speed

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh My, after reading all the other posts, there must be something wrong with my old 'puter. Many times I wonder if the page is ever going to change. Really. Not attempting to be on the wrong side of the fence, but that is what I'm getting.:(

Maybe time for a tune up????

RT.

RT-Cat said:
Oh My, after reading all the other posts, there must be something wrong with my old 'puter. Many times I wonder if the page is ever going to change. Really. Not attempting to be on the wrong side of the fence, but that is what I'm getting.:(

Maybe time for a tune up????

RT.

How old is your computer?

Sent from my iPad 2 using the SatelliteGuys App

I voted "ultra fast" although if there had been a choice in between the top choice and the 2nd one, I'd probably picked somewhere in between those 2 choices.

It's a lot faster recently. I'd fogotten about the server-switch and thought the speed improvement was due to some browser change.

For me, the DBSTalk refresh/back-page response is faster than this forum but I don't know the reason for that.

I'm running Windows 7 64 bit with IE9 browser with an add-on for blocking ad's.

Average PC, I guess:

Intel i5-650 Dual Core 4 thread 3.20 Ghz Processor
4 Gig DDR3 Memory
Zotac GEForce 9500 Video Card

For me, the DBSTalk refresh/back-page response is faster than this forum but I don't know the reason for that.

Almost certainly because they're not running vBulletin 4. The snappiest forums I visit (fohguild.org and dbstalk.com, albeit rarely like when they're talked about on Engadget about a sneak peek like the HR34 today) are on on an earlier version of vBulletin.

The version of vBulletin they are using is very unsecure.

I know avsforums will be changing soon from vbulletin to Huddle which is the same platform hometheaterforum.com is using.

I dint know if they are going to move dbstalk over as well. Guess we will just have to wait and see.

Many sites have avoided using vB 4. The older versions do go faster, although they may not be supported much longer. Also the other boards may run faster, especially if using a browser without ad-block as they have less ads, but unlike here they don't have their own custom server.

Almost certainly because they're not running vBulletin 4. The snappiest forums I visit (fohguild.org and dbstalk.com, albeit rarely like when they're talked about on Engadget about a sneak peek like the HR34 today) are on on an earlier version of vBulletin.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)