How's The Speed?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Not open for further replies.

Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I have spent the afternoon tweaking the settings and caching of the server. This is the first real optimization I have done to the new software. Up until today everything was at the defaults.

I also went through the ads and placed all non Google Adsense ads in iframes, meaning these ads will not slow down the loading of the SatelliteGuys content. I have also placed the ads in places where they should not effect your use of SatelliteGuys, so they are out of the way yet in places which I believe will be good locations for revenue generation.

So with that said... the question now is how is the speed?

Pub Members and Supporting Founders will ultimately see the best speeds, but in my tests from other test accounts things look great from here.

Tell me what you are seeing. :D

I was thinking the slowness was my pc at 1st. Very good & quick here. Thanks

Yeah; this is better. Still slow on my W2K machine ;), but better. Thanks!

This site has been, and continues to be the baseline or reference that I judge my end speed and compare other sites to as well. When I notice a slow down here I first check my junk before saying anything and I usually find something amiss on my side. I am glad to once again see the page load information at the bottom of the pages. I wish other sites I visit provided this information. Being hyper sensitive or critical the only thing I don't care for is the stuff on the right side of the page while looking at the Pub Forum Page. Nothing to get upset or fuss over though. (jmo)

Last but not least, I wish other sites I visit had an owner/administrator with Scott's knowledge and steadfast commitment to excellence. One hell of a combination!

Frank

Satguys is by far one of the fastest sites I frequent,hadn't really noticed any slowdowns except day 2 I think it was,anyway,fast,very fast,is how I would summarize it today.

Yesterday it WAS slow.

We upgraded our PHP and the PHP configuration was the defaults. I had to go through and optimize that... and then today I optimized the caching.

Now when I click on a page I have a fully rendered screen in less then 2 seconds. :D

This is the fastest site I access.

Yesterday it WAS slow.

We upgraded our PHP and the PHP configuration was the defaults. I had to go through and optimize that... and then today I optimized the caching.

Now when I click on a page I have a fully rendered screen in less then 2 seconds. :D

That sure made things smoking fast at least for me.Now that you have it set,don't touch a feather on it.:D

That's how it was on my old clunker under vBulletin. Now, it takes... Let me time it. 6 seconds to render, and another 4 more waiting for cdn.satelliteguys.us to finish with something off-screen. Hmmm.

and another 4 more waiting for cdn.satelliteguys.us to finish with something off-screen. Hmmm.
Anything coming from cdn.satelliteguys.us is static files. Images, html, and javascript.

I have things set now so the last thing you download is the javascripts, so that is what you are seeing loading at the end from our cloud servers. :)

Reactions: TheKrell
That's how it was on my old clunker under vBulletin. Now, it takes... Let me time it. 6 seconds to render, and another 4 more waiting for cdn.satelliteguys.us to finish with something off-screen. Hmmm.

That's about the same as this Vista machine. I guess it's time for a new computer. :)

I just timed it exactly and it's around 5 or 6 seconds total on this Vista machine. This machine is clean and tweaked. I've got a Windows 8.1 machine on order that should be really, really fast. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts