Scott Greczkowski

Welcome HOME!
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Cutting Edge
Sep 7, 2003
Newington, CT
I am happy to report that I have just cut SatelliteGuys over to the new server. So far the reports coming in to me are saying things are very fast (which was the point of this entire upgrade) :D

While the DNS has been cutover to the new server, not everyone's dns cache has reflected the change yet.

If you want to check if you are using the new server or not then ping www.satelliteguys.us, if the IP address returned is 70.84.18.6 then you are on the new server. If you get a different address you are on the old server still (But fear not your DNS cache will update within 24 hours and you too will be feeling the power)

Please report speed reports here. :)

From work.

Attachments

• satguys.JPG
    satguys.JPG
    34.6 KB · Views: 146
I don't have the FireFox plugin that gives me the load times, but I'm seeing all pages load in ~1sec.

riffjim4069 said:
Pages are loading very quickly on my end. The simple searches were returned pretty quick, however the search for keyword "dish" took 15 seconds.

Thats actually quick for the word Dish, there are litterally 100,000+ post with the words Dish in them here. :D

Wait to see you how fast the search is on the new software. :D

I noticed this morning that the site stopped loading at one point so perhaps work was going on. I came back about an hour later and it was fine.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)