How's This Deal For A Returning Cust?

Status
Please reply by conversation.
update. im being told my 811 and dish will have to be upgraded/changed soon anyway. bust still no free dvr.

btw they have 3 customer type
new
current
former

all 3 have diff offers they qualify for
waiting for a supervisor now

update. im being told my 811 and dish will have to be upgraded/changed soon anyway. bust still no free dvr.

btw they have 3 customer type
new
current
former

all 3 have diff offers they qualify for
waiting for a supervisor now

Sent you a PM.

2nd call more stuff

oh but they keep a record, so it dont work anymore, they knew my question when i called

I called back a 2nd time. 1st call was a free HD20, dish & install and HBO, MAX and Showtime for 3 months. The 2nd call the next day, I got all of the above but also got a free HD receiver (not DVR). They also added Starz for free to the movie package. Total cost was $19.

Thanks, OP!
I was not aware that they offered any deals to returning customers.

It only took one phone call and I was able to get free HR20 (actually $19.95 delivery + two year commitment) as well as many other similar credits that you got.

Free HR20: $299 (admittedly everyone pays $200 or less after rebate)
$120 credit: $10 off for 12 months
$100 credit: $10 off for 10 months
$90 credit: $30 off Premiere for 4 months (or I could've had free HBO/SHO/Starz with any package for 3 months

I'm happy! Can't wait till NFL Week 1.

Thanks, OP!
I was not aware that they offered any deals to returning customers.

It only took one phone call and I was able to get free HR20 (actually $19.95 delivery + two year commitment) as well as many other similar credits that you got.

Free HR20: $299 (admittedly everyone pays $200 or less after rebate)
$120 credit: $10 off for 12 months
$100 credit: $10 off for 10 months
$90 credit: $30 off Premiere for 4 months (or I could've had free HBO/SHO/Starz with any package for 3 months

I'm happy! Can't wait till NFL Week 1.

Good for you. Congrats.

After 4 calls to D*'s Cust. Service regarding a billing issue (I canceled the NFL package mid-June and they billed me for it end of July) I called to cancel this afternoon. The only offer D* gave me ( after telling me I've been a good customer since '99) was a HD DVR for $200. I told her that that box won't work with my Dual LNB set up and 2 old RCA DRD222 STBs, her price went up to 399. Good way to keep "good" customers ( guess I don't call and complain or ask for freebies in 8 years). I canceled immediately.

Been a D* customer and HD customer since 2001. I called today to try and see what kind of upgrade deal I could get on my HR10-250dvr and an old hughes HTL-HD that is in the bedroom. I answered the D*recording with "cancel service" and got directed to customer retention where a very nice csr upgraded me to a HR20 dvr and a H20 receiver for the bedroom for shipping charges of 19.95 along with some programming credits. These new receivers will be leased units, but she said since my old boxes were owned that I could keep them. All in all I was pleased with the deal.

Deno

Wow, good job with the free HD-DVR's, how the heck did you pull that off?

Who do you talk to as a returning customer? I'm a new customer looking to sign up, and have probably called no less than a dozen times this point and every single person has said there's absolutely no way possible to throw in the HD-DVR free even though I'd be paying for an additional HD receiver on top of it.

Can I talk to the same reps you guys are? Heh.

Wow, good job with the free HD-DVR's, how the heck did you pull that off?

Who do you talk to as a returning customer? I'm a new customer looking to sign up, and have probably called no less than a dozen times this point and every single person has said there's absolutely no way possible to throw in the HD-DVR free even though I'd be paying for an additional HD receiver on top of it.

Can I talk to the same reps you guys are? Heh.

Well you could call and ask for retention dept, but since you are a new customer they may transfer you to sales. The normal CSR's do not have the authority to give HD-DVRs. Maybe you could ask to speak to a supervisor. I have read where one person has gotten a free HDDVR as a new customer and I think they went through a supervisor.

Here's what I just got:

Free HD-DVR
--w/ new satellite
--$19.95 S&H
--Free install
HD Plus Programming Pack ($69.99/mo)
--Free HBO/Showtime/Cinemax 1YR
--Free Starz 3mo
Credits
--$9.99/mo credit 1YR
--$10.00/mo credit 1YR
--$150 service credit
NFL Sunday Ticket [not for free]
--Free Superfan
MLB Extra Innings [not for free]
--Free Superfan

Had to reup contract for 2YR.

Not too bad.

Well my deal keeps getting better. I had to hold off on my install due to the fact that I have to wait until my new house is finished and trying to sell the one I am in now. D* put my account on hold for two months. I called today to see about extending the hold for 30 more days and while talking to the CSR I said, half jokinly, that if I could get the same deal as new customers with the premier package free for 4 months I may do it now. To my surprise he said no problem. Yipee!! The only downside is that the earliest appt I could get was Oct. 4th. Wow they are really uping the ante on getting customers back. Way to go!!!!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts