Hr 20-700

  • WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

    If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

    While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

    Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

    CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Jimbo

SatelliteGuys Master
Original poster
Lifetime Supporter
Cutting Edge
Jul 14, 2005
68,753
7,102
NW Ohio - Buckeye Country
Hr 20-700 Signal Strengh

I don't think this has been addressed:

Any of you with the HR20-700's
What kind of signal strengh are we expecting when setting it up ?

Should it be in the high 80's - 90's or will they be like the H-20 and be generally in the 70-80's range ???

Jimbo
 
Last edited:
Lynskyn said:
I am getting signals in the 90s on all 5 satellites, definitely higher than the H20-600 readings.
Cool,
Thank you, I needed to know what to expec,t should be getting one on Friday.

Also, does anyone know if they are using the same OTA tuner thats in the H20, that seems to work real well, or have they changed that , seeing it's not active, I guess we don't know .....the tuner seems to be the best part of the H20.

Jimbo
 
Jimbos said:
Cool,
Thank you, I needed to know what to expec,t should be getting one on Friday.

Also, does anyone know if they are using the same OTA tuner thats in the H20, that seems to work real well, or have they changed that , seeing it's not active, I guess we don't know .....the tuner seems to be the best part of the H20.

Jimbo

I asked Earl about the tuner when he posted his review. I never heard who makes it, though.
 
I don't know the specific vendor of the component for the tuners...

I can try to find out though...
 
Earl stated, in what I read, that the HR20 tuner should be equal to or better than the H20. I certainly hope it is good since I can only get 2 local HD feeds.
AS for my signals, I get really good 88-95 range on 3 mains. But just 70 on 99* and 55 on 103*. i will say though that we had a pretty good rain yesterday and lastnight and nothing went out. 99* dropped to about 52ish but never broke up at all. i was quite shocked as I expected a quick drop out of my locals on the 99*. The 3 mains stayed in low 80's range. Quite pleased.
 
GB33 said:
Earl stated, in what I read, that the HR20 tuner should be equal to or better than the H20. I certainly hope it is good since I can only get 2 local HD feeds.
AS for my signals, I get really good 88-95 range on 3 mains. But just 70 on 99* and 55 on 103*. i will say though that we had a pretty good rain yesterday and lastnight and nothing went out. 99* dropped to about 52ish but never broke up at all. i was quite shocked as I expected a quick drop out of my locals on the 99*. The 3 mains stayed in low 80's range. Quite pleased.
Glad to see that it apears to be pretty solid.
I will have to talk to my installer and make certian he has peaked the dish to the best of his ability...

Is it common for the 99 and 103 to be that much lower ?

Jimbo
 
Jimbos said:
Glad to see that it apears to be pretty solid.
I will have to talk to my installer and make certian he has peaked the dish to the best of his ability...

Is it common for the 99 and 103 to be that much lower ?

Jimbo

I don't know and would like to find this out more myself. Anyone else have such significantly lower 99 and 103's?
Actually when I got into setup screens after he left, I noticed he had wrong zip code entered. So I don't know if while he was peaking it was using the numbers from it, but they were a little bit off from what came up with my zip code. I will climb up and see tomorrow weather permitting. Though I am a bit afraid and should maybe leave well enough alone.
 
charper1 said:
No, I read elsewhere that last week of Sept or 1st of Oct (rumor/nothing from DirecTV)
When on phone with CSR on Sunday. She looked it up and said software update is for October. Unfortunately she did not tell me when in October, so it could be a while yet. Will we have a trick-or- treat?
 
GB33 said:
When on phone with CSR on Sunday. She looked it up and said software update is for October. Unfortunately she did not tell me when in October, so it could be a while yet. Will we have a trick-or- treat?
At least they are addressing it, and not denying that the issue even exists.

Jimbo
 
Oh I only asked her about the update because of the OTA tuners. Nothing to do with the existance of glitches. if that is what you meant then sorry, I don't know much about that. But I would assume it would be an all in one type of deal.
 
GB33 said:
Oh I only asked her about the update because of the OTA tuners. Nothing to do with the existance of glitches. if that is what you meant then sorry, I don't know much about that. But I would assume it would be an all in one type of deal.
I was refering to the OTA situation .....
What glitches ???

Jimbo
 
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)