HR-20 East Coast Swap for HD-Tivos

Status
Please reply by conversation.

ericlhyman

Original poster
Nov 4, 2003
Any word on when the free swap for HD-Tivo owners to get the HR-20 is now expected on the East Coast? Does D* notify us or do we have to nag them to get on the list?

what free swap?

D* promised buyers of the HR10-250 in areas with MPEG-4 local channels that it would provide a free swap of the MPEG-4 HD DVR for this box plus upgrade to the new 5-LNB dish. Originally, this was supposed to have happened by now but the HR20-700 was much delayed.

D* promised buyers of the HR10-250 in areas with MPEG-4 local channels that it would provide a free swap of the MPEG-4 HD DVR for this box plus upgrade to the new 5-LNB dish. Originally, this was supposed to have happened by now but the HR20-700 was much delayed.

Where did you see this ?
Was it posted by D* anywhere by D* ?

Jimbo

I got (i paid $300) the HD TIVO in June 2006 and complained to DTV about not getting my locals in HD. After 30 minutes of complaining about this they did agree to upgrade me to the 5LNB dish and the HR-20 DVR.
I guess I was one of the first as they swapped all of my equipment for free on 9/13/06.
However I have not heard of a free switch, unless you had a complaint about not getting HD locals on the HR-250

I got a free switch (and kept the 10-250 for the bedroom).

I talked to retention back in August 06. I just asked. I told them what I wanted and made sure they took notes.

When the work order was made they brought a H20 and the installer said he had an extra HR20 in the truck but nobody he knew got the CSR's to change a work order over the phone.

I called D* and kept emphasizing that they read their own notes. After talking to 3 CSR’s they ok'd the change because it was there in writing.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

HR20-700 and OTA....

103 Nashville Signal Strenght Levels

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)