103 Nashville Signal Strenght Levels

Status
Please reply by conversation.

OneBigJedi

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Dec 12, 2005
I just moved and was just wondering want others are now getting in the Nashville area off the 103 sat. I am getting 16 on transponder 1 and 19 off the transponder 5. Just wondering if these are low or normal for this area.

Also, does anyone know the current firmware for the H20-600? My current firmware is 0F14 from 7/19/06, Just seems like this is a little old.

Thanks!

I just moved and was just wondering want others are now getting in the Nashville area off the 103 sat. I am getting 16 on transponder 1 and 19 off the transponder 5. Just wondering if these are low or normal for this area.

Also, does anyone know the current firmware for the H20-600? My current firmware is 0F14 from 7/19/06, Just seems like this is a little old.

Thanks!

Signal levels that low are probably from spot beams meant for a nearby dma.

Whick Transponder is Nashville?

Of the 6 transponders that show up on 103 network 14, 1 and 5 are the only ones that have any signal on them. One could be Knoxville, Chattnooga, or Atlanta.

That is my I am asking. So if you live in the Nashville area let me know what your signal level is.

Thanks!

Signal levels that low are probably from spot beams meant for a nearby dma.

The Nashville locals are on 99, probably using just one transponder - you should see a signal of 90+ on at least one of the 99 transponders. You do not receive any channels from 103, as raoul says, the signals you are seeing are from spotbeams aimed at some other city, you are just on the edge of them...

DTV Responds To My Questions

I talked with a level 2 tech last night at DTV, and he said that my 1 month old AT9 dish has a bad internal multi-switch. They are sending a repair guy out tomorrow morning to either replace the AT9 LNB or replace the whole dish with a new Slimline. We will see!

On the current software for the H20-600 is 0F14 from July 06, they have a new beta of the next version, but it is not due out to mid 07.

Wow!

So Nashville is on the 99 sat! Why does the firmware on the H20-600 show only n/a on the transponders for the 99 sat? It makes it really hard to check your signal strenght if the IRD does not show it.

Just wondering if the H20-100 show the Nashville signal for 99 on its' signal menu?

And, now that I have mentioned that, does the HR20-700 show the 99 sat signal level for the Nashville area, or is it just n/a too?

There is a known problem on the H20, I think it might be in both versions(?), it does not show 99 sat signals. If you are getting your locals without problems, don't worry about it.
I think the DirecTV Tech is chasing a problem that isn't there, if you are getting your locals then there is no problem with the LNB, the internal multiswitch or anything. Are there any other problems, apart from not getting a signal strength on 99?? If not I will leave it to you how to tell him......!!!!

The HR20 shows signal levels on 99 OK....

Well Krap!

DTV tech showed up, checked everything said there was nothing wrong. He tried to peak the dish a bit, but it did not change much.

I still get signal loss and pixel drop on HD Locals.

He said that the problem is that DTV rushed to get the H20 out the door to compete with Dish and that the chip set in the H20-600 was krap! He suggested to get a H20-100 or just get a HR20-700 DVR.

Has anyone else got relief from Pixel loss by changing the IRD out with a different model?

Thanks!

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)