HR-22 DVR Connected to DirecTV via internet and extension 722 error

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Fiachra

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 10, 2008
New England
Hi, looked and failed to see if there is a solution for my HR-22.

I have a wireless bridge. I have gone through the DirecTV network set ups using auto set up and defaults and I do get the connected to DirecTV over the internet screen.

When I get a pay movie downloaded, (Star Trek is the latest one I tried) I get the blue screen with call extension 722 message over the movie that is actually playing. I can't get rid of the blue overlay. I have called twice and after speaking to a total of six people I still have no joy. They tell me that my receiver has never called back. They sent a request for my receiver to do that but it does not.

It certainly seems as if it should be able to. Any suggestions regarding something I could check on my end?

Appreciate your tolerance with my question.

-Fiachra

I am an idiot: 777 is the error

Well, I feel more stupid than usual. The extension is 777.

I was nervous enough making the post and now well, more so. Oh well, thanks to those of you that may have thought WOW and were patient enough not to point and laugh publicly.

For anyone else that may care or have this 777 when connected.

Just got off the phone w/'Media Support' I think it was. Some of these receivers do call back over the net and some simply don't. They are sending this info to engineering. They are working on a fix with no solution in sight in reality. Some work, some don't.

Other than this issue the receiver has been great. Pity. I'm glad that they told me that I am not the only one experiencing this. Now I will not continue to search for an answer. Bottom line is that they fail at the internet. LOL

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts