HR10-250 Audio Lag

Status
Please reply by conversation.

hooks61

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Oct 19, 2005
I just got hooked up yesterday with an HR10-250 and Hi Def for the first time. I have to admit the Hi Def is amazing and the Tivo functionality is also awesome.
I am experiencing a lag of audio vs. video on the Discovery Theatre channel. I have not seen the issue on any other channels.
I have tried the 4 or 5 suggestions listed in the HR10-250 manual but none of them worked.
This may have been discussed here before but I couldn't find it.
Thanks for any suggestions.

Audio is late to the video or vice versa? Though I haven't experienced this with the HR-250, I have had issues from time to time with my upconverting dvd players and my D-VHS deck (video is late to audio.) I've found that for some reason, if I just disconnect the digital audio cable (optical or coaxial) and reconnect, the problem usually goes away. Are you using the digital audio outputs? Don't ask me why, I don't understand it. I specifically bought a pre-pro that will delay the audio so that any video processing lag might compensated. I found this to be a dicey fix, and just stumbled onto the disconnect/reconnect solution. Maybe someone with more technical savvy than I, could explain. If it's just on the one station, however, I might be inclined to think it was a Discovery Channel problem.

I have had the HR10-250 for a year now and I am on my third receiver in an attempt to correct the audio / video out of sync condition. Directv does not seem to understand that there is an issue with the DVR function of the receiver. Directv also recently sent me an H10 (Hi Def with no DVR) so I can prove to them that there is an issue with the HR10-250. This issue has also been reported on AVS Forum. This only happens on the Hi Def stations and my signal strength is 91.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)