HR10-250 Remote Died - now what?

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

litig8

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Jan 2, 2005
Southlake, Texas
My HR10-250 remote suddenly stopped working, and after troubleshooting with Directv customer support, they concluded that I need a new remote. Apparently, the DVR dropped the code, and the feature in the remote that is supposed to allow me to reset the code is not working.

Directv told me they would send out a new remote. Here's the problem . . . they are sending me one of their crappy directv (white) remotes that are difficult to read, has small buttons, that are illogical arranged. Not the sweet ergo Tivo remote that is intuitive and logical (albeit broken).

How can I get a tivo remote? Has anyone else had this occur. Any help is appreciated.

You can get one from TiVo, from an online store, or from eBay. However, have you checked to see if maybe your remote ID address has been changed? You can find the instructions to do this on page 115 of the HR10-250 owner's guide, either paper or online.

litig8 said:
My HR10-250 remote suddenly stopped working, and after troubleshooting with Directv customer support, they concluded that I need a new remote. Apparently, the DVR dropped the code, and the feature in the remote that is supposed to allow me to reset the code is not working.

Directv told me they would send out a new remote. Here's the problem . . . they are sending me one of their crappy directv (white) remotes that are difficult to read, has small buttons, that are illogical arranged. Not the sweet ergo Tivo remote that is intuitive and logical (albeit broken).

How can I get a tivo remote? Has anyone else had this occur. Any help is appreciated.

You can get the identical remote that you like, from our site sponsors, Robert at Value Electronics has them on the web site for $39.99, he will give forum members a discount if you tell him your from here.

Is it still under warranty ?

Jimbo

I would definetly recommend the Harmony remotes. I have the 659 and it works great. Or as others said you can get a regular tivo remote from VE or TiVo.

blueguy said:
I've got a harmony 688 that i love.
My Harmony remotes in order of preference:

676 x 3

The 676 works so well with TiVo. The 659 is a nice remote also, but the transport buttons are in a bad place to use frequently.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)