Status
Please reply by conversation.

stumacdo

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Jul 25, 2005
East Coast
Hi all,

Hooked up my new HR10 to my new Samsung DLP HLR5067W TV via the HDMI cable. The good news is that the picture is stunning, however, in the HR10 menu I set the Audio option to play & record in Dolby Digital when available. When I turn this option on, all video/audio on Standard non-HD channels is great. However, when I change to any HD channel the video still is great but there's no Audio whatsoever coming through the Samsung. I do also have the optical hooked up between the HR10 and my stereo receiver, and I do get audio that way via the receiver, BUT you can't tell me that the only way to get Audio on HD channels with the Dolby Digital option switched on is to listen through the receiver. I'm sure there's some option either on my DLP or HR10 that can accomodate this, but I'm stumped. Hoping someone out there has the same set-up as me and can offer some advice. Thanks in advance.

The HR10-250 does not/will not pass Dolby Digital via the HDMI port, so sorry, but yes you have to use your receiver to get audio on HD channels if you have selected DD when available. I have an HLP sammy so I am not sure, but I think the HLR sets have a RCA audio input that is paired with your HDMI port? If so, simply hook that up to the analog audio out on the HR10-250 and that should solve your problem.

f300v10 said:
The HR10-250 does not/will not pass Dolby Digital via the HDMI port, so sorry, but yes you have to use your receiver to get audio on HD channels if you have selected DD when available. I have an HLP sammy so I am not sure, but I think the HLR sets have a RCA audio input that is paired with your HDMI port? If so, simply hook that up to the analog audio out on the HR10-250 and that should solve your problem.
I dont have one bu this is a reported problem... your info is accurate

Yep, no such luck. Just got off the phone with Samsung Tech Support and they clearly knew about this and stated that if you select the Dolby Digital Out option on your HR10-250, the Samsung DLP cannot "down-code" the 5.1 dolby digital to output to the tv speakers.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

free dvr

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)