HR20-100 1080i chopping on HD?

Status
Please reply by conversation.

aec4

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Oct 26, 2005
I was downstairs where I have a Toshiba rear projection TV with a HR20-100 set up. Watching ABC HD. In the right bottom corner, I see "ABC H" with the D chopped off.

I come upstairs where I have an H20-600 into a Vizio 42" 1080p via HDMI and the entire ABC HD shows and some space after the D...

I have it set to native off, 1080i... This did not happen on the toshiba when Ihad the h20 on there.. any suggestions? HR20-100 problem?

There is an option in the H20-100 where you can center the display. It's under settings/setup/display I think. I don't have a problem with mine, Samsung 40" 1080p LCD.

I noticed something similar on the CBS NFL games last weekend. It seems that a little is being cut off on the left edge where the down and yards to go are shown at the bottom of the screen for other games. There is no corresponding gap on the right side, so it seems there is a bit of a stretch. Anyone else have this problem and know how to fix?

I have a Sony 42" rear projection (about 3 years old) and I have native set to on.

Check the format setting of the TV you may be in a crop mode or other mode.

TV should be set for normal all the time, format changes should be made on the HR20 box.

Matt

Check the format setting of the TV you may be in a crop mode or other mode.

TV should be set for normal all the time, format changes should be made on the HR20 box.

Matt

TV is 6 yrs old.. it doesn't even format HD input. It will format SD input, but since the component cables (this tv is prior to DVI/HDMI) it doesn't convert..

FOrtunately, this tv is being sold to my brother in laws friend soon and another Vizio is coming in :)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Mhd 10-4-07

Guide not displaying categories

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)