HR20-100 / Aug. 24 & 25 / {CE:08:01} - 0x18a

Well, very interesting...Took the Silver Sensor off the 622, plugged it in and I'm getting all locals. A couple (the pbs subchannels) are a bit weak. Also noticed that 13.1 and 13.2 have dropouts but they did on the 622 till version 4.09 so there is hope here! Nice improvements DTV! Just tweak it a bit more. I rant about OTA but it is important to those of us not in major markets since most of my prime time TV is network so its nice to see the sat. companies giving some love to the OTA crowd! Now I'm going to bed :D

I think the internal OTA tuners on the Dish receivers are a bit better. I used to have a 942 and it picked up VHF channels way better then any of my Directv receivers. Hard to tell differences on my UHF since most of mine are 95-100% due to my high roof 6 foot double Yagi setup.

looks like there are always more updates for the 700 than the 100? Why is that? I assume the 700 is much further along?

No, it's because there are a lot more of the 700's out there, and they don't want to spend the money doing duplicate beta testing. Once they have a keeper, they write whatever code changes are necessary for it to work on the 100. Once a new update is deemed ready for prime time on the 700, it is usually available within a week or so for the 100.

I did that about 2 months ago. My wife is holding on to hers with bleeding fingers. Even the one I retired is in storage in case hers breaks. She loves Tivo and doesnt care about HD. The local OTA HD is enough for her. Fair enough for me since I got 2 HR20's and loving it. :)

You have a very smart wife.:)

Found 2 issues

I updated to the 0x18a version about 10:45pm Central Friday night. The first attempt didn't work (no downloading notice), so I probably just hadn't started entering in the download "code" soon enough. The second attempt worked fine w/no issues.

Here's two things I've run into since that download...not sure if these are new or not though (or just my newbieness with the unit).

1) Schedule recording conflict issues.

I had Mission: Impossible with a Series Link scheduled to record Sunday at 12 midnight (Ep "Submarine", Ch23 Chicago, IL).

At some point during the past two days, I had also added Charade (10:45p - 12:45a) and later Bell, Book and Candle (12:45a - 2:30a) both on Ch78 HDNM.

For some reason these two shows (or maybe it was just one of them) caused the MI ep to not be scheduled to record (there was no warning of this until I reviewed the ToDo list). Plus, when I go to force the MI ep to record the Conflict Manager, lumps both fo the HDNM programs together as a single entry to be cancelled. So I can't choose to only cancel one of them.

I realize there are ways for me to get around this and make sure that all three programs record, however, I felt it was worth mentioning as an issue that the Prioritizer should be able to handle.

2) Category Sort refresh

For some reason the Category Sort option (the only thing that lets me forgive DirecTV from not giving me a TiVo like guide), seemed to refresh every few minutes ( get the "Searching guide for matching programs popup)...sending me back to the top of the list.

I generally only use Category Sort/High Def, so I don't know if this issue occurs with all other content filters, but a test with Movies, Action/Adventure did the same thing. The refresh appear to occurs every 5 minutes or so.

The "bug" is easily reproducable:

Guide/Menu/Category Sort/High Def...scroll down a few "pages", then wait about 5-6 minutes to see the refresh caption and then be repsositions to the top.

I checked, and the number of programs found (3146) did not change after the refresh.

(I do like the fact that recorded content is listed with the filters...nice touch that had me confused for a bit :).)

The only noticable change/improvement with this update, was the change to add the Resume/Start Over menu options for an existing recording.

Let me know if I can provide more information.

-Chris

As I've been working through the scheduling issues w/MI (mentioned in the previous message), it's starting to seem like the DVR thinks it can only record one program at a time. The Confict Manager is only ever showing one program that can be cancelled to schedule another recording.

I've tried this with a number of shows now. All High-Def content.

-Chris

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts