HR20-100 RF Remote

Have you tried the RF remote on the HR20-100?

• Total voters
Status
Please reply by conversation.

*mad_professor*

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Aug 9, 2004
Covina, CA
I recieved 2 of these units last week and once I activated the RF, it's been a nightmare. They are slow to respond if they respond at all, that is unless I am 2-3 feet away from the unit.

I have found some other posts here and on other sites about this but they are old. Some at D* say they have heard of the issue, while others claim they have not.

So I want to start a poll. Please answer if you have an HR20-100 and have tried the RF feature? I want to know if you have sucessfully and reliably had it work. Also, you can read my other thread, http://www.satelliteguys.us/directv-dvr-forum/108226-hr20-100-need-advice.html, and if you have any advice for me, let me know.

Thanks.

It doesnt not work correctly for me and is far less accurate/responsive than using IR. Its pretty pathetic.

Sounds like the majority of us owning this Mexican receiver are having this same problem. Sad part is we're forced to buy the extra RF remote just to find out it won't work with this PIA receiver. As Paul said, thank goodness the IR works extremely well.

Robin

Had HR20-700 that worked flawlessly. D* corrupted my hard drive and replaced with 100 and the RF is frustrating. Called CS to see if they could send me a 700 and the operator said there was nothing they could do to help me.

Yeah the 100 RF is crappy. I just replaced my bud HR10-250 with another HR20-100. It was all over the place. I'm glad I have 3 HR20-700.

Just replaced HR10-250 w/ HR20-100 thinking "cool...RF remote again!."

WRONG!!! RF performance sux!!!

Anybody try using a lenght of coax and a barrel connector to move the antenna away from the box? Too lazy/sleepy to try right now....heading to bed.

I bought two of the RC64RB, B is for backlit, and I can't get them to do RF with the HR20-100 either. I mean I've entered the code behind the door and punched the codes but they do not do RF. I moved one of the original HR20-100 RC64Rs to my H20-100 it it will not do RF either.

As above, IR works just fine so I don't really care.

I have an HR20 and the RC64R came with. It is not too good. Sticks sometimes and just doesn't "work" well. I bought another one online for $15 and it works MUCH better. Can't explain it. So now I keep one in the workout room so my wife can watch her recorded soap and one near the main TV. Both set to RF (in my experience if you are using two remotes on one DVR, RF is the only way'll they'll both work at the same time.)

Possible Remote Problems

If I would hazard a guess, I would say that most of the problems stem from interference with wireless phones in the house, or, a wireless g access point or router. Most of them use the 2.4Ghz frequency, which is also the same as most RF remotes. Newer wireless phones use the 5.8Ghz and should not interfere. I found bad interference with my wireless g (2.4) computer network and switched to wireless a (5.8). Just a thought.

Same issue here. Had an HR20-700 replaced with a HR20-100 and now the RF remotes won't work - two of them tried - 32R, 64R - both work flawlessly in RF mode with my other HR20-700 but neither work with the HR20-100. Just installed yesterday by DTV tech.....

Oh, and the HR20-100 that the tech brought did NOT come with an external RF antenna and I can't even find a place to plug one in on the back of it anyway....

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)