HR20-100 vs. HR20-700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

netkas6505

Original poster
Sep 25, 2007
Sacramento
What is the difference in features of the HR20-100 vs. HR20-700. I just had a new install and was expecting to get the 700 model, but found I have the 100.

I don't think there is anything other than cosmetic differences but I have only seen HR20-700's and haven't got to play with one since all I have are the 100's

I got a 100S this week and am very happy so far. The differences I know of are an external RF antenna, a 20gb bigger (320gb) hard drive, and it runs very cool due its noisy fan. I came from an AT&T Dish Homezone 622HZ box that would fry eggs so I had some extra cooling in my bag of tricks.

I added a 12v pancake fan pushing air into the right side vents and a PCI Card Slot fan pulling air out of the left side vents. The volts on both are cut to 6v making them silent. They are so effective the on board noisy fan never comes on. Temps are in the low 90's. The Dish box needed to sit on a laptop cooler along with four other PC fans.

Operationally the box is flawless. I did the IAMANEDGECUTTER trick and the box FF's like my old TiVo. FF followed by Play backs up a bit leaving you right where you want to be, i.e, the end of the commercial. Pretty cool.

I am very happy so far and glad to be back with D*.

The -100 is made by Thomson (RCA) and the -700 is made by Pace. The -100 has both coaxial and optical digital audio outputs, while the -700 only has optical. Although the -100 has an external antenna for an RF remote, it apparently is less sensitive than the -700.

I had a 700 that finally went completly dead, the temp ran between 124 and 130 in a well ventilated setting. I had to send it back and DirecTV sent me a 100 which has a fan and temp runs between 104 and 106, appears to have same features as the 700

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts