HR20 100s problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

greddy09sc

Active SatelliteGuys Member
Original poster
Aug 22, 2007
OK, i have a big, bad situation here.

I purchased a HR20 100s from a local online classified.
When I got home, plugged it in, it powers on. Then after about 1-2 minutes, it reboots to a DIRECT TV HDDVR blue screen.

AND that's it! Nothing else. When I press any buttons on the reciever, nothing happens. When I press power or any buttons on the remote, nothing happens. :(

I know the remote works because the green light flickers when I press power.

At first I thought it was maybe a bad connection. So I unplug everything and just plug in the power cable, and the included HDMI cable and still same results.

HELP!! I hope i just didnt' get ripped off.

It was hard to pass. The box was new and never been open. I got it for almost half the price that it was selling at Best Buy.

Am I screwed? or Is there a way to fix this? :confused:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.

Welcome.

You might want to keep your eye on this getting moved into the DirecTV area as opposed to this general area; so stay tuned.

Have you called D* and talked with them yet, just tell them that you bought it from BB, you eventually have to call D* to activate it regardless.

I wonder when the guy that brought it back to BB returned it, if he told BB of the problem. BB should have returned it to D*, but instead, put it back on the floor to sell again .....

Keep in mind, this IS a Lease unit, even though you "bought " it from BB.
D* will send you a replacement unit Fed Ex

Jimbo

OK, i have a big, bad situation here.

I purchased a HR20 100s from a local online classified.
When I got home, plugged it in, it powers on. Then after about 1-2 minutes, it reboots to a DIRECT TV HDDVR blue screen.

AND that's it! Nothing else. When I press any buttons on the reciever, nothing happens. When I press power or any buttons on the remote, nothing happens. :(

I know the remote works because the green light flickers when I press power.

At first I thought it was maybe a bad connection. So I unplug everything and just plug in the power cable, and the included HDMI cable and still same results.

HELP!! I hope i just didnt' get ripped off.

It was hard to pass. The box was new and never been open. I got it for almost half the price that it was selling at Best Buy.

Am I screwed? or Is there a way to fix this? :confused:

Any suggestions would be appreciated.
You do know that you do not own it dont you? In any case its a lease and you need to call D* to activate it.

Do you need to subscribe to their service to activate it? I just want to activate it now to catch signal first.

Do you need to subscribe to their service to activate it? I just want to activate it now to catch signal first.
Rereading you original post you bought this on line not from Best Buy. Your first call should be to Directv 800-531-5000 to tech support. This HR20 maybe a leased receiver that you can't even activate, if you can activate see if tech support can exchange it for a working receiver. More than likely you got burned by buying on line. Directv will try to help you either by setting you up as a new customer if you are one or upgradding you if you are an existing customer.:)

and the hr20-100's are notorious for being bad right out of the box as mine was. when they go, its usually within the first week.

but, then again, it could be because its leased to someone else. or that person's account isn't in good standing. or directv cancelled service for above reason.

The box was new and sealed. The card was sealed.

I don't think this was a leased box.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts