Hartford Connecticut
HR20-700: 0x18a - DBSTalk.Com

HR20-700: 0x18a
HR20-700:
Version: 0x18a

This will be a STAGGERED rollout

Improved
  • Improved handling of local networking issues
  • Super Pillar (top and bottom pillars, squishing image) while in NATIVE mode: resolved
  • Improved Jump Back
  • Search Results always placing HD ahead of SD
  • MPEG-4 Trickplay improvements
  • Improved handling of ATSC tranmissions errors to improve OTA/ATSC compatibility
  • Stability
  • Playback Accuracy
  • UI Polishing/Consistancies

Updated
  • Removed left menu from "Search By Channel", once Channel has been selected

New feature(s)
  • MPEG Audio support for GameLounge
  • Added DELETE option to MyPlaylist
  • Added DELETE option to ToDo List
  • Added Resume/Start Over options for playback of recordings
  • Access to MyPlaylist recordings, when system started without a satellite feed.

Last edited:
HR20-700: 0x18a - DBSTalk.Com

HR20-700: 0x18a
HR20-700:
Version: 0x18a

This will be a STAGGERED rollout

Improved
  • Improved handling of local networking issues
  • Super Pillar (top and bottom pillars, squishing image) while in NATIVE mode: resolved
  • Improved Jump Back
  • Search Results always placing HD ahead of SD
  • MPEG-4 Trickplay improvements
  • Improved handling of ATSC tranmissions errors to improve OTA/ATSC compatibility
  • Stability
  • Playback Accuracy
  • UI Polishing/Consistancies

Updated
  • Removed left menu from "Search By Channel", once Channel has been selected

New feature(s)
  • MPEG Audio support for GameLounge
  • Added DELETE option to MyPlaylist
  • Added DELETE option to ToDo List
  • ]Added Resume/Start Over options for playback of recordings
  • Access to MyPlaylist recordings, when system started without a satellite feed.

No dates involved ???

I downloaded this last Friday night ... Is this suppose to be a "National Release " ?

Jimbo

The release of 18a appears to have been stopped for the moment.

On dbstalk some people who downloaded the CE last night for the HR20-700 and then tried to rollback to the national release this morning got 17e instead of 18a.

This may just be because there was a problem at the start of the CE download time-frame last night. Many people on the west coast were getting 18a instead of 190 when they first tried.

I'm new to the HR21 as I just got it LAST NIGHT -- as it booted for the first time it downloaded a software update (I'm also in Los Angeles) but I'm still trying to figure out where system information is located. (No, don't tell me, I'll find it, just give me some time!) :0D

I am seeing freezeups a lot, especially when I try to 'rewind' video. It sometimes locks for up to 2 minutes. :-(

Last edited:
I'm new to the HR21 as I just got it LAST NIGHT -- as it booted for the first time it downloaded a software update (I'm also in Los Angeles) but I'm still trying to figure out where system information is located. (No, don't tell me, I'll find it, just give me some time!) :0D

I am seeing freezeups a lot, especially when I try to 'rewind' video. It sometimes locks for up to 2 minutes. :-(

9 PM .....
Do you want to know where System Info is yet ?

Jimbo

Hey, give me time! I have kids to get to bed and a dog to walk! <g> And I'm on California time...

I'll find it. I'm a computer guy.

"I am smart. I am smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T." - Homer Simpson

Hey, give me time! I have kids to get to bed and a dog to walk! <g> And I'm on California time...

I'll find it. I'm a computer guy.

"I am smart. I am smart. S-M-R-T. I mean S-M-A-R-T." - Homer Simpson

No problem, I am on Eastern time and thought it looked like about 8 hours had passed since you posted.

Jimbo

Jimbo:

Okay, I found system information for the HR21 but it was late, I was logy and did not write down the software version number. I don't even remember seeing it. !sadroll

With all the fiddling I've had to do with this DVR, furtively, late at night after everyone has gone to bed (the only free time I have to do it) I'm starting to feel like I'm getting sucked in. The TiVo is so easy to use (glad I still have it!) while this one is a struggle. At least I fixed the freezing problem by doing a reset; seems gone now.

I now abandon my pride and humbly ask: what is the method for forcing a software download? I want to make sure I'm on the latest version. I remember seeing it before on these forums but can't find it now.

Many thanks, once again -- you've always been helpful to me. :hatsoff:

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts