Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Software Download Window:
Friday: January 25, 2008: 11pm - 2:30am ET
Saturday: January 26, 2008: 11pm - 2:30am ET
Probability: 75%

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700 {CE:11:03} - 0x1F4

Improved
  • 01 - First press of Format Button - Display current resolution
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Misc. Improvements
  • 02 - Significant stability improvements
  • 02 - UI improvements for TV options
  • 02 - Recording behavior improvement
  • 02 - DVR playback improvement
  • 02 - Search behavior improvement
  • 02 - DoD home page tuning improvement
  • 02 - Resolution change improvement
  • 02 - Guide stability
  • 03 - Change “As Broadcast” to “Original Format” in HDTV screen
  • 03 - Archived Guide Data fails to restore
  • 03 - Guide Data causes random system hang during archiving
  • 03 - Reboot after 30-40 hours
  • 03 - Random system hang due to internal processing
  • 03 - Trickplay stability
  • 03 - iTV mix channel
  • 03 - Repeating VOD title on homepage with arrow down
  • 03 - Clock round-up
  • 03 - XM background appearing on playback
  • 03 - Stability

Updated
  • 03 - Modem firmware upgrade

New feature(s)
  • 01 - Green button cycles audio
  • 01 - "As Broadcasted" Format Option ~ Pure Native PassThrough
    Basically... EXACTLY what is transmitted by the content carry is sent to your display device.
  • 01 - Trickplay options when "Delete" OSD is visibile at the end of the recording

--------------------
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-100 {CE:11:03} - 0x1F4

Improved
  • 01 - First press of Format Button - Display current resolution
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Misc. Improvements
  • 02 - Significant stability improvements
  • 02 - UI improvements for TV options
  • 02 - Recording behavior improvement
  • 02 - DVR playback improvement
  • 02 - Search behavior improvement
  • 02 - DoD home page tuning improvement
  • 02 - Resolution change improvement
  • 02 - Guide stability
  • 03 - Change “As Broadcast” to “Original Format” in HDTV screen
  • 03 - Archived Guide Data fails to restore
  • 03 - Guide Data causes random system hang during archiving
  • 03 - Reboot after 30-40 hours
  • 03 - Random system hang due to internal processing
  • 03 - Trickplay stability
  • 03 - iTV mix channel
  • 03 - Repeating VOD title on homepage with arrow down
  • 03 - Clock round-up
  • 03 - XM background appearing on playback
  • 03 - Stability

Updated
  • 03 - Modem firmware upgrade

New feature(s)
  • 01 - Green button cycles audio
  • 01 - "As Broadcasted" Format Option ~ Pure Native PassThrough
    Basically... EXACTLY what is transmitted by the content carry is sent to your display device.
  • 01 - Trickplay options when "Delete" OSD is visibile at the end of the recording

Last edited:
Ohhhhh I wonder what were getting tonight as far as new features.. This is a new cycle right!

This will be the 3rd CE in this release cycle. Normally we'd be hoping that they added MRV to this release but with all the reboot problems this week we'd be happy with the old stability fixes.

I wonder if the modem firmware upgrade may be to help with the caller id issues that have never been completely fixed.

I hope its a lot more stable then last weeks, I could deal with the reboots but the freezing of the picture (while the sound kept playing) was the thing that made me revert back to the national release.

I sure hope it is also. Besides the reboots having to redo my favorites list on both units and also redo the OTA setup because it lost a channel was a real PITA. If it continues this week I'll be rolling back to the national release.

This will be the 3rd CE in this release cycle. Normally we'd be hoping that they added MRV to this release but with all the reboot problems this week we'd be happy with the old stability fixes.

Tell me about it. My reciver has been extra unstable this week.

Interestingly, I had 1 reboot since the last CE release and NO other problems, mine has been rock solid ;)

Jimbo

I hope its a lot more stable then last weeks, I could deal with the reboots but the freezing of the picture (while the sound kept playing) was the thing that made me revert back to the national release.

I agree, this last one had issues. I'll probably snag it tonight and check it out tomorrow, been sick this week and need sleep!

I feel for you Mike, I was sick most of last week, was in bed for a few days. Still not 100% but feeling much better. :)

I thought my HR-20 cought my cold too. :D

:DI was getting tired from my wife yelling at me for leaving the box on....(did not even try to explain it was a Directv thing)..hope this CE fixes things....

0x1F4 coming down. 1st time I tried the screen just went blank, had to rbr and now its going.
Thanks Scott, its no fun. I had a stomach flu, 1st time in years. I hate being sick:(

01f4

01F4 is in the stream :)

The only thing I can think of that I think needs adjusting of late is the guide speed, it seems like it lags quite abit from earlier stages.

That is a minor inconvenience if you've been having freezing and reboots ...

Jimbo

Since getting my HR20 in October, the only thing I've missed about my Time Warner Cable DVR (and I do mean the only thing) was that when you reached the end of a program, you HAD to make a choice (delete or keep). I hate that. With the TWC box, I could rewind and rewatch the end if I wanted or whatever.

I am pleased that this CE finally fixes this issue! I am a happy camper. Things seem pretty stable otherwise.

playback freeze for recorded programs

For the first time ever, I had a recorded program I was watching freeze twice and was unable to restart it without a reboot. I was watching a basketball game and was fast forwarding through commercials, timeouts, etc. twice in the first half it then froze and I couldn't play at normal speed. I could fastforward and see everything but it wouldn't play at normal speed. Very odd. I'll try this weeks CE and see if it fixes it.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)