HR20-700 anamorphic widescreen

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Harold

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Dec 9, 2005
Southeast KY
Just want to say how suprised I was to find out that the s-video out running into my dvd-r/DVR(hard drive) with hdmi was anamorphic! This is a big deal for anyone going to burn a dvd of a movie they recorded in HD. My 211 from dish would not output anamorphic video. I always got letter boxed versions of the widescreen movies. So far I love my HR20. I have a couple of things scheduled to record, we will see how that goes. I also have enough audio video outputs, with the 211 (which to be fair is not a dvr) I did not. I don't think I saw that listed as a feature for the hr20, but it should be. And in bold print. It's a great feature. Don't know if the dish dvr's do that or not.

This is a big deal for anyone going to burn a dvd of a movie they recorded in HD.

Well unless I missed something in your post, how are you gonna record HD content to a DVD unless you have a HD DVD recorder or Blueray recorder which I dont even think exists yet? To my knowledge(and someone correct me if I'm wrong), HD content can only be transfered from one HDDVR to another HDDVR and still maintain an actual HD picture.

Well unless I missed something in your post, how are you gonna record HD content to a DVD unless you have a HD DVD recorder or Blueray recorder which I dont even think exists yet? To my knowledge(and someone correct me if I'm wrong), HD content can only be transfered from one HDDVR to another HDDVR and still maintain an actual HD picture.

It won't record in hd, just widescreen 480i.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts