SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Supporting Founder
Mar 12, 2005
Hartford Connecticut
From DBSTalk.Com

LE Risks and Guidelines
How to Force Download an LE Release

Be sure to monitor the Living on the Edge forum HERE at Satellite Guys for changes in probability and go status!

HR20-700 {CE:09:01} - 0x190 Issues
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700 {CE:09:02} - 0x190

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday; August 24, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday; August 25, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Current Probability: 100%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
The Contents of the Release: (Differences based of 0x18a National Release)
  • Items from CE:09:01

Improved
  • Prioritizer Screen
  • Navigation to PIG (Picture In Graphics) removed. (Trick Play Still works), to improve interfacing with UI

Updated
  • N/A

New feature(s)
  • Keyword search finds category (eg HDTV or sports)
  • Caller ID for Type 2 (aka Call Waiting, off-hook, ect)
  • Start/resume to manual
  • Left arrow mimics "BACK" when practical
  • Long channel name in search by channel

Notes
  • As with the last CE Cycle... VOD will not be active in the download.
  • GUIDE DATA WILL NOT BE CACHED they are enhancing pieces of the guide data, which means you WILL LOSE your guide data after the install. It will repopulate over the next 20-24 hours.
  • This is the start of a new CE cycle, and as such... this one has a higher level of risk then other CE's. Minor/Non-Critical issues are expected, but the system should still be more then acceptable for normal to above normal usage. If you have any concerns, or this is your one and only, or primary HR20... please consider these facts before downloading the CE... as always... outside the window, you can re-download the national release.

Last edited:
Also note this one contains changes and has a higher level of risk. Please consider that if trying this release.

My unit started acting flaky this morning. PIP picture would disappear in menu and when I went to test my local signal strength, it froze. I was able to recover without reboot but it kept acting flaky. And I could not test signal the few times I tried. Navigation is faster but kinda jumpy. I am trying to use it as I normally and not testing specifically, but I am finding this one not so stable and solid. I finally did a menu soft reboot.

Also tested signal strength on 103. First time 2 transponders showed strength. Did the others and went back to 103 and 5 showing. Either they are doing something with D10 or the unit is acting odd.

Is it just me, or did this one download must faster? Is that due to less overall changes/fixes? Or is it a sign of improved functionality...time will tell I guess.

Time to go fudge around and see what happens... :)

I had 2 hr20's installed saturday afternoon as part of an upgrade at my home.

I stumbled across this thread and updated the softwore on both units about midnight last night. to my surprise one was a 100 and the other was a 700. everything downloaded and upgraded fine.

I noticed 1 thing right off.

with the 100, both off air tuners 1 and 2 worked perfectly and the signal strengths on both tuners with the 100 were balanced signal level wise...for example 98 signal on both tuners.

with the 700, tuner 2 worked fine with a level of 98, but tuner 1 was erratic signal level wise jumping around from zero to about 75 and the stations were unstable . the level would drop to zero then jump back up...but only about 3/4's of the way up compared to tuner #2.

I tried the steps below and the issues stayed the same with no improvement.

-recorder reset
-red button reset
-unplugging for about 1 minute
-swapping coax and replaced connectors from the antenna to the 2 hr 20's
-then reverted back to the old software verson...seventeen hundred and something.

please shed some light on this situation.

I am having the 700 replaced this coming saturday morning

Tried both nights to download, followed directions each time, two times each night. HR20-700 still shows old software:confused:
Only did it with remote, didn't try the red button restart, or pulling plug as it seemed to be doing a download and had autorestart each time, next time I will try the red button.

Sorry you missed it. PM me the first night if you get stuck. I can walk you through it. There should be another opportunity coming. Still try the Menu method as its preferred.

Tried both nights to download, followed directions each time, two times each night. HR20-700 still shows old software:confused:
Only did it with remote, didn't try the red button restart, or pulling plug as it seemed to be doing a download and had autorestart each time, next time I will try the red button.
------------------------
Make sure you are inputting the 02468 code
WITHOUT ENTERING "select" and only when the blue light circles start up after entering the dash for restart approval.

Surpised there isn't more buzz about the VOD here.

Wait until more people get it, still 67% of CE testers dont have access to it yet.

I have not set up my internet connection yet, it would take alot of work to run a ethernet cable from my TV to my computer.

It will have to be real important before I try to make that run, so I may not be much help with the VOD although I would like to check it out.
I have a wireless router/ modem, are they doing anything wirelessly yet ?

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)