Saturday; June 23, 2007 11PM - 2:30AM ET

Current Probability: 95%
Be sure to monitor the threads and chat room to check on final availability

------------------------------------------------------------------------------
While you are waiting for the Window to open:
-) MUST READ AND AGREE TO: - The CE "explanation" thread... DBSTalk.Com
-) How To Download

Risk Level: Modest

The Contents of the Release: (with relation to last National Release 0x168)
Items from CE07166
Items from CE07173

Improved
Manual recording (improvements to prioritizer functions and scheduler)
Stability

Updated
Erroneous LED activity on the front panel
Keep or Delete at the end of single show after having used group play
Prioritizer count (8 of 7 will not longer happen)
Direct channel tune no longer needs ENTER (Re: The banner timing out before the channel changes)

New feature(s)
DIRECT Media Manager with updated user interface (Formerly known as ViiV)
IAMANEDGECUTTER New Option - Fast Forward correction to compensate user response time when pressing PLAY key
FF Autocorrection has been tweeked, based on user feedback
HD Icon on programs in all lists (e.g. search results)

Notes
There are a series of other fixes based on feed back on the last CE... no specific items to list though

Thanks to Cutting Edger's
Your help and dedication is what has gotten the HR20 to this point, and what will help it get to the next level

Last edited by a moderator:
"IAMANEDGECUTTER New Option - Fast Forward correction to compensate user response time when pressing PLAY key"

This could be huge! This was a nice Tivo feature.

It would be nice to custom tailor Trick Play. Definitely not for every user but I would love to modify a few options like speed versus response versus viewable frames. Again, not for everyone but I would like to make my own mix.

I'll wait untill Directv does another national release for the HR-20.I think it works just fine with the new update we just got. But if another update for the H20 comes around ,,I'll be more then happy to try it out.

Download and reboot complete. So far dont really notice anything. I am going to check IAMANAEDGECUTTER features. Gotta go into basement to activate. brb

Trick Play seems a wee bit smoother but other than that, this is a very minor update if you have a previous CE release. Media Center features seemed ok. Maybe a hair faster but nothing new.

Trick Play seems a wee bit smoother but other than that, this is a very minor update if you have a previous CE release. Media Center features seemed ok. Maybe a hair faster but nothing new.

Brewer,
I am glad to hear your report about this current CE., as I missed it, loks like nothing too critical, perticularly seeing I don't do the internet connection stuff, at least not yet.

Jimbo

I think this release is a polish that is the last step before a national release and/or the next big test item, VOD. So I think its a good sign it was a very minor tweak. For those that have been waiting for VOD, I think this one is one step closer. Stay tuned for more details as they emerge. In meantime, report any issues here.

Media services still much slower then before they redid the GUI for it. Tracks within folders/albums still listed and played in alphabetical order, not track order. That needs to be fixed before it goes national.

Just noticed last night that on the Guide, OTA channels and D* channels are now different somewhat different colors.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)