HR20-700 Dolby Digital audio issue

Status
Not open for further replies.
E

ehamilton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
I tried asking D* advanced tech support, and they had no solution and am very frustrated.

I am having volume/audio issues with Dolby Digital sound. I had a HR10-250 and never had any issues with my surround sound Dolby Digital but am now having trouble with the HR20-700.

When I turn the audio option "on" for dolby digital, I get great sound on shows and stations except for UHD (channel 74). I get only a background muted noise. However, when I turn the dolby digital switch "off", the sound is fine again but without the dolby digital quality.

Any ideas? I would question my sound system or the receiver if it was a multiple channel issue or if my HR10-250 had the same problem.

Help . . . thanks.

Mtnmike

Mtnmike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 27, 2004
Longmont, Colorado
I had that same problem several weeks ago. Out of the blue it started and "Off" was "On" and "On" was "Off". Very weird. I never lost Dolby Digital the sound was great and the Onkyo reciever was distributing 5.1 just fine via optical, just the selection was "bass-ackwards". It lasted about a week and then as strange as it started it went back to nomal after one of the updates. Nothing like that since. Try a reset and see if that corrects it.

E

ehamilton

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Sep 5, 2005
Thanks mtnmike, any other thoughts? I tried a reset to no avail.

Mtnmike

Mtnmike

SatelliteGuys Pro
Nov 27, 2004
Longmont, Colorado
Sorry I don't. Never figured what started it or ended it, and it has been the only glitch I have experienced with the HR-20 since getting it in Septmeber.

Incaico

Incaico

SatelliteGuys Pro
Oct 17, 2003
Porter Ranch, CA
Thanks mtnmike, any other thoughts? I tried a reset to no avail.

What is the download you have? Call D* and ask them to walk you through a forced download. The problem you are describing was one of the original issues whey they first shipped. Issue has been cleared up.

B

bonscott87

SatelliteGuys Pro
Aug 27, 2004
Note that UHD doesn't actually do DD 5.1 on most of their shows. Could be your A/V receiver isn't configured to properly autodetect non 5.1 sources perhaps? I have to configure my Yamaha to take the PCM stream and decode it as Pro-Logic stereo and with the sound field I select. If I choose the wrong one then I can lose audio completly, just "voices" and so forth.

Something to look at anyway.

W

waynebtx

Dec 26, 2006
Texas
I have yhe same thing here with an H10 74 seems to be the only one that i have a problem with.

Status
Not open for further replies.