HR20-700 & HR21-ALL CE Release 5/30

I hate these ce's!
I always have trouble downloading since, i moved all irds to garage and use cone shaped repeaters at each tv.
Having all irds in garage really cuts down on the heat in all tv rooms. I have to enter 02468 upto 25 times before download annoying as sh*t, but i eventually get them.
I try to enter these codes with directv rc24 remote or my harmony 520, lots of time i goto garage in front of ird and enter codes or do it through cone shape repeater. It just irks me to try and download on 2 machines every week seems to take out 45-75 minutes for a 10 min download! Got 1 so far today gonna try some more before i give up tonight and try again tomorrow night.
0241 on both machines:cool:
UPDATE, Of course after rant 2nd machine downloads on 1st try through cone shaped repeater.
Murphys Law lol!
I feel better now!:D

Why not use RF mode?

I use slingbox so I also use IR repeaters.
I have these, and rarely have problems with any missing button presses, and 90% of time my 02468 works flawlessly.
http://www.summitsource.com/product_info.php?ref=1&products_id=6765

This 0241 release seems to be a mutt for me and my HR21-700. Accessing Media Share was unbearably slow, and after finally exiting it, remote response went down the crapper. The system wouldn't access the guide, setup, etc. and wouldn't even shut off. I had to do a reboot to get remote functionality back.

I still say I want my TiVo back.

Why not use RF mode?

I use slingbox so I also use IR repeaters.
I have these, and rarely have problems with any missing button presses, and 90% of time my 02468 works flawlessly.
Remote Control Extender Next Generation ATH-AAA 418 MHz for UHF Audio Video TV Signal Converter, SB7AAA, LRRX, Component Eye Emitter, Ultimate Digital Wireless RF Receiver Transmitter, Part # ATHAAA: Oak Entertainment Centers and Home Office Furnitur
i primarily use my harmony 520, no rf mode on it, I use the rca d940- http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...Home+Electronics+Accessories-_-RCA-_-82125033

with 4 4 Head TiVo/RF IR Blaster spliced together with wire nuts

Performance is fine on my HR21-200. Guide performance seems smoother. The Nascar race on Fox displayed very smooth being replayed on the DVR.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)