HR20-700 on SWM SL3 LNB

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

slaviers

Original poster
Aug 7, 2016
Seabrook Texas
I have an old HR20-700 that I turned the access card back into D from an old deactivated account. Would it work on a new SWM SL3 dish that I now have hooked to a HR24-500. Is it very hard to get a new access card. i believe that the HR20-700 was one of the first ones that could work on a SWIM multiswitch. However, on the old account it was hooked up to a 4 x 8 multiswitch that had 4 cables in and 2 cables out to 3HD DVR's and 1 SD DVR.

:welcome to Satelliteguys slaviers!

It will work on a swm setup. It sounds like Directv didn't want the dvr back when you deactivated it. They should be able to send you a new card, but normally the card is married to the dvr, so you may need to talk to the access card department in order to get the new one set up properly.

Good question, I'm not sure. I am sure one of the installers here will post soon and let us know.

should be able to align it, the 761 (thats the right one right?) error only shows up on the screen where live TV is shown. when you go into the menu you can just repeat satelite setup and you're on your way.

but i've never had to do this, so im not 100% sure.

You can hook it up and align the dish, the error code I believe is actually 721. I will give you the heads up, I've replaced a lot of those in the field. SWM and HR20's don't always play nice. Being first gen I suppose, but often they'd either stop seeing the SWM system or it would just not accept one of the 2 tuners.

721 is programming not available. eg channels you havent bought (or at least the receiver doesn't think you have)

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)