HR20-700 problem

Status
Please reply by conversation.

holman3rd

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Dec 16, 2003
To me, this problem is strange, so I appreciate any help that can enable me to avoid calling D* tech support.

On my local HD channels, the box has trouble getting a signal and says it's searching for the signal on tuner #2. If I switch up/down one channel and then back to the original channel it works fine.

Here's the weird thing. I only have tuner #1 connected. I have another HR20-700 box in another room that works fine. The tuner in question worked well for a few months, but started acting up yesterday. I've unplugged it and hit the reset button.

I've checked sat signal strength and they are all >95%. I noticed that tuner #2 shows a signal on two of the satellites. That's got to be impossible because, again, I have no cable connected to tuner #2.

Thanks for any help.

I know you said you already reset the box but give it another shot. I had a HR20 with only one cable also for awhile and sometimes after installing a new CE version it thought it had two cables. Usually a reset fixed it but sometimes I had to do it twice.

BTW, you should always try to avoid the red button or pulling the power plug to reset. Since the HR20 is basically a computer doing these actions aren't good for it. The best thing you can do is to use the reset function via the menus (system setup/reset).

Have you tried re-running the satellite setup entirely. That may make it see the second tuner is not connected?

Your sure the coax is connected to the Number 1 tuner ?
If I recall, the #2 tuner is on the left and the #1 is on the right.
Could it be that your connected to the #2 and it is trying to see a signal on # 1 ?

Jimbo

Resetting appears to have done the trick. However, the 99 sat isn't showing up at all now. I'm not talking about the signal, I'm saying that when I go through the signal strength screens, it doesn't even show up as a choice. What's up with that? Should I try to reset again?

What programming is coming from the 99 sat?

My HD locals are working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

Sounds like your multiswitch maybe hanging up. When you have it rescan for satellites do you have the other receiver tuned to channel 100 so that it isn't causing the multiswitch to hang up for the other receiver.

Resetting appears to have done the trick. However, the 99 sat isn't showing up at all now. I'm not talking about the signal, I'm saying that when I go through the signal strength screens, it doesn't even show up as a choice. What's up with that? Should I try to reset again?

What programming is coming from the 99 sat?

My HD locals are working fine now.

Thanks for the help.

I think the lack of the 99 sat showing up on the sat screen is a glitch ...
The rec. has it, just doesn't show it.
Also could be that nothing in your area is on the 99.

Jimbo

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)