HR20-700 Problems

Status
Please reply by conversation.

redmaxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Hi, been having a few problems with our HD receiver. The first is an annoying flicker while the D* screensaver is running. You can see it briefly switch back to whatever was on the screen. Very annoying in a dark room.

Second is a closed captioning problem. We're only getting some closed captioning on some channels, with SciFi HD being the worst and Stargate Atlantis having virtually no closed captioning. Is this a problem with the receiver?

Thanks!

Hi, been having a few problems with our HD receiver. The first is an annoying flicker while the D* screensaver is running. You can see it briefly switch back to whatever was on the screen. Very annoying in a dark room.

Second is a closed captioning problem. We're only getting some closed captioning on some channels, with SciFi HD being the worst and Stargate Atlantis having virtually no closed captioning. Is this a problem with the receiver?

Thanks!

I do not know for sure , but I believe the Closed Caption comes from the station/network, not D*.

Jimbo

I'm sure it comes from the network, but I'm pretty sure it's either the receiver or D*'s problem. For example: I can watch ER on NBC OTA HD and have zero closed captioning problems, but the audio is visibly out of sync and the captioning is screwed up when using D*'s NBC HD channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)