HR20-700 Problems

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

redmaxx

SatelliteGuys Family
Original poster
Aug 14, 2007
Hi, been having a few problems with our HD receiver. The first is an annoying flicker while the D* screensaver is running. You can see it briefly switch back to whatever was on the screen. Very annoying in a dark room.

Second is a closed captioning problem. We're only getting some closed captioning on some channels, with SciFi HD being the worst and Stargate Atlantis having virtually no closed captioning. Is this a problem with the receiver?

Thanks!

Hi, been having a few problems with our HD receiver. The first is an annoying flicker while the D* screensaver is running. You can see it briefly switch back to whatever was on the screen. Very annoying in a dark room.

Second is a closed captioning problem. We're only getting some closed captioning on some channels, with SciFi HD being the worst and Stargate Atlantis having virtually no closed captioning. Is this a problem with the receiver?

Thanks!

I do not know for sure , but I believe the Closed Caption comes from the station/network, not D*.

Jimbo

I'm sure it comes from the network, but I'm pretty sure it's either the receiver or D*'s problem. For example: I can watch ER on NBC OTA HD and have zero closed captioning problems, but the audio is visibly out of sync and the captioning is screwed up when using D*'s NBC HD channel.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts