HR20-700 reseting itself

Status
Please reply by conversation.

steecoe

SatelliteGuys Pro
Original poster
Sep 7, 2008
My HR20-700 reset itself at least twice today. once around noon & then again around 5 pm (eastern).

Anyone else? or just me?

It's still showing firmware 0x34c, so it wasn't a firmware update.....

I remember this being an issue for people a while back, like maybe a year ago or so.

No idea what my problem was yesterday, no power outages or glitches, receiver temp is the same as it always is....

:confused: So now it actually downloaded new firmware at about 3:26 am, but locked up before 5:30 am & needed a front panel reset. It then reset itself again after a couple hours & was locked up again.....

Only other time it did this was when it happened to everyone:confused:

If you are plugged into a power strip and have surge potection, try another strip. The surge strips will go bad after time and one of the symtoms is the DVR keeps resetting.

If you are plugged into a power strip and have surge potection, try another strip. The surge strips will go bad after time and one of the symtoms is the DVR keeps resetting.

Thanks for the reply, I will try that.
I was thinking maybe the harddrive was gong bad.....? Are there any other 'triggers' for a receiver to reset itself?

satguys problem

so now I have a problem with IExplorer not being able to access this site. When I go into my history & click on this thread I can bring it up & even reply, but if I try to go in through the front door so to speak, or even back out of this thread to the DTV forum, I get an IEXplorer error saying that it cannot open the satelliteguys.us website.
This happens with IE as well as AOL & I tried it on another less frequently used computer with the same result. This started happening yesterday morning/afternoon sometime:confused:

Not sure how to fix this. This thread is basically the only one I can actually see...

As I suspected it was the harddrive. It was locking up & then reseting every couple of hours. It was also glitching quite a bit as if the signal was bad & yet the signal was fine.

I changed out the harddrive & now it is acting perfect again.

thanks for all the help & suggestions.

Last edited:
Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)