HR20-700 Seems to "zoom" on 720 and 1080

Status
Please reply by conversation.

kanderna

SatelliteGuys Guru
Original poster
Feb 10, 2005
Hi All -

My HR20-700 developed an issue last week that I just can't figure out.

When in any 720 or 1080 format, it appears to be in some sort of zoom mode. Watching sports, anything around the edge of the screen is partially cut off. It's most noticeable when I look at the guide.

Poking around on the forum, suggestions for similar issues typically say "check you TV settings" or something to that effect. I've verified that the TV's settings aren't an issue.

The odd part is that it looks best and most normal in the 480p modes.

Connected via HDMI if it matters...

What is your TV make & model? What are your rez settings on TV and SAT? How do you have display setup in SAT menu?

TV is a Sammy 4665. Settings on the tv: 16:9 size (there are no other res/mode settings that I'm aware of), Settings on SAT: Native off, ratio 16:9, resolutions all except 480i. Right now the format I have it set on is 480p original, as 480p is the only one that looks normal.

When it 1080, it zooms so bad it cuts off the top, bottom and the both sides.

Update... Just switched HDMI ports on my TV and it fixed the issue.

So does this mean I have a bad HDMI port?

Thought about that, but I really don't have any settings that could affect it other than the "size" setting that cycles through 16:9, Zoom1, Zoom2, Wide, and 4:3. And it's on 16:9.

My Plasma TV has different settings for each resolution, for each input.
When I started running my receiver in native instead of fixed, this drove me crazy because the settings were different, 480i was in "just" mode, 720p was in "zoom", etc.

I had to put the receiver on a channel with 480i, 720p, 1080i, etc and set the TV to "full" for each.

As to why you just started having this problem, maybe the tv "mode" button on your TV or remote was pushed on accident... or something similar

Yeah, wish it were that easy. My TV doesn't have any settings like that on it.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 1, Members: 0, Guests: 1)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts