HR20-700 / Sep. 14 & 15 / {CE:09:04} - 0x19A

Yep, I am connected to the internet. I set up a manual IP address and the receiver tests just fine. I hope my Linksys router is not blocking incoming traffic to the receiver.

F.Y.I., it is now six hours later, and channel 1000 still says it is unavailable, and DOD does not work on the menu.

I was wondering is someone could explain how to conect the DVR to the internet...I have a cable modum as well as a router for my lap top that I use if that help any!!

I was having the same Channel 1000 Problem so I reset my receiver and that appears to have fixed the problem. I now have the complete VOD menu but no content when I look at all the selections offered in the menu listing.

I was wondering is someone could explain how to conect the DVR to the internet...I have a cable modum as well as a router for my lap top that I use if that help any!!

Just take an Ethernet cable and connect it to the router. If the router has DHCP setup, it should give an IP address to the DVR and thats all you need to do. Do the tests and if they pass, then you are in good shape.

For folks that activated VOD, keep your HR20's on the internet. The DVR will contact Directv and let them know your HR20 is networked. Then they will activate your account via an Engineering code which will show up in your Recent Activity. That means your HR20 was discovered and your account is configured to use VOD. It may take a few days for it to activate.

internet not staying connected

My internet isn't staying connected. I do the setupand it says congratulations you are connected to directv through the internet. I go back a little while later and run the test and it comes back no internet connection. Any suggestions?

My internet isn't staying connected. I do the setupand it says congratulations you are connected to directv through the internet. I go back a little while later and run the test and it comes back no internet connection. Any suggestions?

Its hard to say... that could be a number of things. Do you have a Cable/DSL Router?

Just take an Ethernet cable and connect it to the router. If the router has DHCP setup, it should give an IP address to the DVR and thats all you need to do. Do the tests and if they pass, then you are in good shape.

Ok...Just to make sure I will do this right, all I have to do is buy another router and hook it back into the DVR since I have another router hooked to a cable modum in another room.......

Or does the router also have to be connected to my cable modum as well, if this is the case then I will have to think for a bit how I am going to wire this with things in other rooms. Do the sell long ethernet cables?

Ok...Just to make sure I will do this right, all I have to do is buy another router and hook it back into the DVR since I have another router hooked to a cable modum in another room.......

Or does the router also have to be connected to my cable modum as well, if this is the case then I will have to think for a bit how I am going to wire this with things in other rooms. Do the sell long ethernet cables?

If you already have a wireless router then you would just need the following or you could purchase a long CAT5 cable.

I prefer the Buffalo Ethernet converter over the other since it adds 4 Ethernet ports for the same a a little less of the cost.

Buffalo Technology - Products - Wireless-G MIMO Performance* Ethernet Converter

Wireless Gaming Adapter - DWL-G820 Wireless Gaming Adapter by D-Link

Linksys.com - Products/Wireless/Entertainment/Game Adapters/WGA54G

New feature(s)
  • Keyword search finds category (eg HDTV or sports)
  • [strike]Caller ID for Type 2 (aka Call Waiting, off-hook, ect); Caller id reverted to 0x18a version[/strike]
  • Start/resume to manual
  • Left arrow mimics "BACK" when practical
  • Long channel name in search by channel
  • [strike]Ability to hide SD channels if duplicate HD channel with same number exists[/strike]
  • Support for Remote Booking
Does anyone have any details on the remote booking feature? Is it in use yet?

yeah, i've reset my box twice and after roughly 8 hours of downloading the new update i have VOD listed but it still does nothing.

If you already have a wireless router then you would just need the following or you could purchase a long CAT5 cable.

I prefer the Buffalo Ethernet converter over the other since it adds 4 Ethernet ports for the same a a little less of the cost.

Buffalo Technology - Products - Wireless-G MIMO Performance* Ethernet Converter

Wireless Gaming Adapter - DWL-G820 Wireless Gaming Adapter by D-Link

Linksys.com - Products/Wireless/Entertainment/Game Adapters/WGA54G

Thanks I will head to BB today! and pick up the buffalo

yeah, i've reset my box twice and after roughly 8 hours of downloading the new update i have VOD listed but it still does nothing.

Did you run the Network Test through the menu? If not, be sure to do that. That is what tells D* that you are connected and ready to go. They will add the Engineering Charge to your bill, then VOD is activated. Once activated, it could take some time for the content to populate for you.

My receiver has been networked since last week. Would they have checked it if I didn't have vod. I am a new subscriber. Downloaded CE last night. Is there a way to ask directv to activate it? Network test was fine.

My receiver has been networked since last week. Would they have checked it if I didn't have vod. I am a new subscriber. Downloaded CE last night. Is there a way to ask directv to activate it? Network test was fine.

Nope, all you can do is keep it network connected and with CE's and hope D* enables it. Remember, you are not to call D* for any issues/problems with CE software releases unless your box has tanked and needs to be replaced.

Nope, all you can do is keep it network connected and with CE's and hope D* enables it. Remember, you are not to call D* for any issues/problems with CE software releases unless your box has tanked and needs to be replaced.

ok thanks

You did everything in the right order it appears.
1. Connect HR20 to network
2. Run Network Test
3. Download CE
4. Enable VOD
5. Run network test again (so D* can see that your box is a CE qualified unit)
6. Sit back and relax, occasionally checking to see if Channel 1000 is activated and/or checking your D* account online to see if the For Engineering Only code is on your Recent Activity. You can see if VOD is correctly activated by going to My Playlist and if you see Queue on the left-hand menu, it is all set on your end. But D* does need to add that Engineering code before you can see anything.

Did you run the Network Test through the menu? If not, be sure to do that. That is what tells D* that you are connected and ready to go. They will add the Engineering Charge to your bill, then VOD is activated. Once activated, it could take some time for the content to populate for you.

i saw that it was connected when i set it up so i didn't think i had to do this. just did it, so hopefully it will work now in a few hours or so. we'll see.

i saw that it was connected when i set it up so i didn't think i had to do this. just did it, so hopefully it will work now in a few hours or so. we'll see.

no VOD..... been connected to the internet for 3 weeks got every CE and still no DOD charge or engineering charge? can i get some help on this please?

connection test fine
oh demand in menu does not do nothing
ch 1000 not avabile

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)