HR20/700 VS HR21,22OR23

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE
Status
Please reply by conversation.

windii

Original poster
Oct 20, 2008
I currently have an HRDVR 20/700 how much difference is there in this and the newer hr 21,22 or 23. Is it worth upgrading? Also if I were to upgrade, DTV cannot tell me what model I will get, what are the chances of getting another hr 20?

I currently have an HRDVR 20/700 how much difference is there in this and the newer hr 21,22 or 23. Is it worth upgrading? Also if I were to upgrade, DTV cannot tell me what model I will get, what are the chances of getting another hr 20?

Only way to get a particular model is to buy it yourself, Best Buy Costco 's or a online company, remember, they are normally all leased units unless your verified otherwise ahead of time.

The HR20's have an Over the Air tuner in them, the others don't.

The newer ones have a slightly larger hard drive.
The hr23's don't need the BBC's.

Thats the major differences.

To clarify; the HR21 has the same size drive as the HR20 (300 GB give or take 20 GBs). The HR22 and HR23 have 500 GB drives.

I didn't mention the size differences because I forgot which one was which, I knew the newest one was 500, but wasn't sure what the 22 had, I thought the HR21 was slightly larger... 320 vs 300 .

Thanks for clarifying JD

The HR20 has a different processor and is a bit faster. Except for a few HR20-100s, they are silver, whereas the 21, 22 and 23s are black. The HR20-100 uses an external antenna for the RF remote, while the others have this antenna built-in. Some HR20s have a 300 GB drive; others have 320, as do the HR21s.

If you have an HR20-700, my recommendation would be to stick with what you have. They are generally thought to be the fastest of the current range of DVRs. If you want more space, buy an eSATA drive.

the next generation HD DVR expected later this year is also expected to have faster processors and a much larger disk drive so may be worth getting.

If you have an HR20-700, my recommendation would be to stick with what you have. They are generally thought to be the fastest of the current range of DVRs. If you want more space, buy an eSATA drive.

the next generation HD DVR expected later this year is also expected to have faster processors and a much larger disk drive so may be worth getting.

And to think, you would think that the NEWER product would be more ramp up with a faster processor, but from what I've seen, the older HR20 -700 has the best going for it till something that we KNOW is better and faster.

The HR20 has a different processor and is a bit faster. Except for a few HR20-100s, they are silver, whereas the 21, 22 and 23s are black. The HR20-100 uses an external antenna for the RF remote, while the others have this antenna built-in. Some HR20s have a 300 GB drive; others have 320, as do the HR21s.

I forgot about the RF antenna's being different.

It's been a long time since I had to compare them to anything else.

Maybe they will surprise us and put an OTA tuner back in them with the next generation.

Ya right, wishful thinking.

Status
Please reply by conversation.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts