HR20-ALL CE Release 2/29 & 3/1 0x020D

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700 0x020D
HR20-100 0x020D

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:

• 03 - System boot up improvement
  • 03 - Video output improvement
  • 03 - Stability

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES:
  • 02 - Will reply to a network PING request
  • 02 - Channel Banner updating immediately
  • 02 - Fixed ScreenSaver with MediaShare Video Playback
  • 02 - Improved Parental Controls
  • 01 - LiveTV audio issues after stopping mediashare and no audio during slideshow
  • 01 - Fast forward to true live TV viewing
  • 01 - History status for VOD downloads
  • 01 - Improved audio
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - GameSearch to automatically find same game on other channel if currently tuned game is blacked out and showing OSD x
  • 01 - Keyword search on channel or channel range and title only or name only

Last edited:
This is a summary of the keyword search power tricks from the programmers:

Simple Grammar:
[{AANY/AALL} <tokens>] [{NNOT} <tokens>] [TTITLE/NNAME] [{CCHAN} <number> [<number>]]

BOOLEAN LOGIC:

“AALL” => (this is the AND boolean operation) all the following words must be contained within the program (title, about, name, episode, category) in any order
“AANY” => (this is the OR boolean operation) at least one of the following words must be contained within the program (title, about, name, episode, category)
“NNOT” => (this is the NOT boolean operation) exclude any programs that contain any of the following words in that search string

The AANY and AALL keywords should appear as the first word in the search string in order to set the search mode.
The NNOT keyword may appear anywhere and all words following the NNOT keyword are considered words to exclude.

SCOPE FILTERS:

TTITLE => Limits the search to only the Title field of the Programs
NNAME => Limits the search to only the Name field (e.g. Actors, Director) of the Program
CCHAN => Limits the search to only the specified channel range (example CCHAN 500 510, or CCHAN 500 for a single channel)

Some sample queries are:

AALL racing car NNOT nascar => finds all shows containing “car” and “racing” (any order/position), but excludes the show if “nascar” appears
AALL hanks tom NNOT vinci => finds all tom hanks movies/shows but excludes the movie if the word “vinci” appears (e.g. da vinci code)
AALL hanks tom NNAME => finds all tom hanks programs where he is an actor
AALL hdtv football => finds all high definition football programs (note you can include category labels in the search and “HDTV” is same as “High-Def”)
AANY usc ucla NNOT football => finds all usc and ucla events/shows, but excludes football events
oakland raiders NNOT miami => finds exact match for “oakland raiders” but excludes show if “miami” appears (e.g. excludes games with Miami Dolphins)
AANY lakers clippers CCHAN 700 730 => finds all games with the Lakers or Clippers on only channels 700 through 730
AANY lakers clippers CCHAN 710 => finds all games with the Lakers or Clippers on only channel 710

I finally got to test the blackout search feature last night, worked nicely.

Tuned to channel 601 that had a pistons game on - which is blacked out here as I have to watch the game on my RSN.

It took about 30 seconds and tuned to 636. Very nice.

I tuned to the sports mix channel (which was to be blacked out due to the game on NBATV) and the process searched for a minute or so, then said there were no other places to watch.
Makes sense, since it was the mix channel.

I'm curious how it would do if the game was on a local channel or OTA channel, I'll try that next time I see a Detroit team on the main nba/nhl channel.

did you try a reboot first? any idea what was causing it, type of channel, etc. I've had less audio sync issues on this ce than past weeks myself.

did you try a reboot first? any idea what was causing it, type of channel, etc. I've had less audio sync issues on this ce than past weeks myself.

Not sure but I'm thinking my HR20-100 didn't like something in the ce. I did try a reboot and it seemed to clear the lipsynch but then I had a problem where the picture would freeze on a frame while at the same time the audio kept rolling. After going back to the national it's been fine. While I had not observed a similar problem on the HR21-700 (don't use it as much) I also went to the national just as a precaution.

I'll reload the next CE and hope for the best. I really liked the CCHAN option and miss it now. I was hopeful that it was part of the national release but apparently isn't. It was a nice way to get rid of some duplicates. Just in case this helps anyone. :)

AANY HDTV CCHAN 78 544 NNOT PPV Movies all

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)