Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700
HR20-100

Window of opportunity to download: Friday, March 7, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET Saturday, March 8, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:

• 04 - Improved ability to watch recorded content/when signal not present during startup
  • 04 - Media Share: Start a new playlist while another playlist is in playback mode
  • 04 - Media Share: Start/Stop DLNA Videos enhanced
  • 04 - Media Share: Improved handling of multiple units on the same network
  • 04 - Misc. Issues
  • 04 - LEFT (or BACK) to Search Screen (from sort screen) doesn't clear out search string
  • 04 - Media Share - UI Polishing
  • 04 - Other UI Polishing
  • 04 - Additional program details (First Air Date, Actors, ect)
  • 04 - Identified Issue: "Will be deleted if not viewed..." appearing on non PPV/DoD recordings. This should only appear on PPV/DoD recordings

CHANGES FROM PREVIOUS RELEASES:
  • 03 - System boot up improvement
  • 03 - Video output improvement
  • 03 - Stability
  • 02 - Will reply to a network PING request
  • 02 - Channel Banner updating immediately
  • 02 - Fixed ScreenSaver with MediaShare Video Playback
  • 02 - Improved Parental Controls
  • 01 - LiveTV audio issues after stopping mediashare and no audio during slideshow
  • 01 - Fast forward to true live TV viewing
  • 01 - History status for VOD downloads
  • 01 - Improved audio
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - GameSearch to automatically find same game on other channel if currently tuned game is blacked out and showing OSD x
  • 01 - Keyword search on channel or channel range and title only or name only

Last edited:
This is a summary of the keyword search power tricks from the programmers:

Simple Grammar:
[{AANY/AALL} <tokens>] [{NNOT} <tokens>] [TTITLE/NNAME] [{CCHAN} <number> [<number>]]

BOOLEAN LOGIC:

“AALL” => (this is the AND boolean operation) all the following words must be contained within the program (title, about, name, episode, category) in any order
“AANY” => (this is the OR boolean operation) at least one of the following words must be contained within the program (title, about, name, episode, category)
“NNOT” => (this is the NOT boolean operation) exclude any programs that contain any of the following words in that search string

The AANY and AALL keywords should appear as the first word in the search string in order to set the search mode.
The NNOT keyword may appear anywhere and all words following the NNOT keyword are considered words to exclude.

SCOPE FILTERS:

TTITLE => Limits the search to only the Title field of the Programs
NNAME => Limits the search to only the Name field (e.g. Actors, Director) of the Program
CCHAN => Limits the search to only the specified channel range (example CCHAN 500 510, or CCHAN 500 for a single channel)

Some sample queries are:

AALL racing car NNOT nascar => finds all shows containing “car” and “racing” (any order/position), but excludes the show if “nascar” appears
AALL hanks tom NNOT vinci => finds all tom hanks movies/shows but excludes the movie if the word “vinci” appears (e.g. da vinci code)
AALL hanks tom NNAME => finds all tom hanks programs where he is an actor
AALL hdtv football => finds all high definition football programs (note you can include category labels in the search and “HDTV” is same as “High-Def”)
AANY usc ucla NNOT football => finds all usc and ucla events/shows, but excludes football events
oakland raiders NNOT miami => finds exact match for “oakland raiders” but excludes show if “miami” appears (e.g. excludes games with Miami Dolphins)
AANY lakers clippers CCHAN 700 730 => finds all games with the Lakers or Clippers on only channels 700 through 730
AANY lakers clippers CCHAN 710 => finds all games with the Lakers or Clippers on only channel 710

This was found by someone at the other site, guide info is now showing a lot more info about programs (at least on the HR20-700, don't know about the -100). Example, check out CSI:NY tonight on CBS and 7PM CDT, it has first aired data, catagories that it fits into, actors, director, writer info. Just one less thing that the E* folks can say their DVR's do and D8's don't.

This was found by someone at the other site, guide info is now showing a lot more info about programs (at least on the HR20-700, don't know about the -100). Example, check out CSI:NY tonight on CBS and 7PM CDT, it has first aired data, catagories that it fits into, actors, director, writer info. Just one less thing that the E* folks can say their DVR's do and D8's don't.

I haven't checked mine yet, but that would be a big upgrade that alot of people have requested!

Confirmed on the -100, first aired date and it looks like a bigger breakdown of genre and actors. Very cool, nice job DTV!

I'm seeing that too, very nice addition :up

Jimbo

this is something I missed on my dish box. very nice addition, and seems very reliable so far.

One of my two boxes with this CE froze today. It kept playing video for a for a few hours before I reset it, but would not respond to any remote commands.

After rebooting, the external hard drive was not detected / in use, it had the internal on (no recordings since April, easy to figure out). I pulled powere completely and rebooted. Everything has worked ok since, but only an hour in so far.

I'm very sorry to report that we never got notes from D* for this weekend. I'm guessing they "forgot" before leaving Friday night and there was nobody there the weekend that is involved in the CE process.

I'd hope to expect something tommorrow.

I've had no problems so far with this CE. The improved guide is nice. It came to my 20-100 but not the 21-700. I hope they continue to tweak it. Like adding the episode number on programs or star ratings to movies.

I've had no problems so far with this CE. The improved guide is nice. It came to my 20-100 but not the 21-700. I hope they continue to tweak it. Like adding the episode number on programs or star ratings to movies.

Both of those would be nice as well :)

With this most recent CE download, I have
noticed something new.....Most of my H/D
recordings now have the addded note:
"The program will be deleted if not viewed by Wed. 12/31 7PM." It should be noted that
this note appears on NON PPP & DOD. It also went back to previous recordings as well. It seems to have appeared with the addition of the expanded program descriptions. Anyone seeing similar?
Go to "My Playlist" and check the programs/
info, particulary the H/D ones.

The program expiration is an error, it is supposed to show on PPV / VOD only.

The added program information is a new feature that many are very thankful for. I especially like having the "first air date" for many programs.

These are both in the notes which are now added to the top post.

With this most recent CE download, I have
noticed something new.....Most of my H/D
recordings now have the addded note:
"The program will be deleted if not viewed by Wed. 12/31 7PM." It should be noted that
this note appears on NON PPP & DOD. It also went back to previous recordings as well. It seems to have appeared with the addition of the expanded program descriptions. Anyone seeing similar?
Go to "My Playlist" and check the programs/
info, particulary the H/D ones.

12/31, I think I can watch what I am currently recording long before the end of the year.

I don't like the idea of them deleting something I record, (Masterdeals feels it's in error, I hope he's right).
That said, I should be able to view all my stuff in 9 months....

Jimbo

I see it also. I am not conserned, although I will be monitoring to see what that date changes to in eight months from now. If it does not change THEN there is a problem.