HR20-ALL CE Release 3/7 & 3/8

It is an error, that came right from the D* CE team. Only PPV & VOD should have expiration dates :)

It is an error, that came right from the D* CE team. Only PPV & VOD should have expiration dates :)
--------------
Wait......are you saying PPV's will now have an expiration date for viewing???
They never did before now........Since the expanded info also seems to go back
to prior recordings.....I'm gonna be upset if some of my "prized" PPV recordings
get deleted...

I've read discussion on other boards that D* may be going to a 24 hour limit after purchasing the PPV, including on DVRs.

Nothing final yet, but where there is smoke there is often fire.

The stuff I saw was talking April.

Well that would be a bummer...if it happens,
then that would put an end to my purchase of PPV's....guess I'll learn to depend on DVD's instead. At least I'll get to keep my movie purchase for future viewing....

I live on the east coast and as of yesterday, I haven't had any upgrade to my HR20-100 receiver.

Anybody else having this same problem?

thanks

I live on the east coast and as of yesterday, I haven't had any upgrade to my HR20-100 receiver.

Anybody else having this same problem?

thanks

What kind of problem are you having that you need your rec. upgraded ?

Only get into the CE stuff if you want to, make sure you read all the precautions before hand.

Jimbo

What kind of problem are you having that you need your rec. upgraded ?

Only get into the CE stuff if you want to, make sure you read all the precautions before hand.

Jimbo

I'm glad I didn't force download it now after I read all the problems people are having. Which I know some are just the people themself and their equipment. I 'm not that brave....I'll wait till D* sends it out themself...right now my HR20-100 is working just fine and I would like it to stay that way.

thanks
:)

I'm glad I didn't force download it now after I read all the problems people are having. Which I know some are just the people themself and their equipment. I 'm not that brave....I'll wait till D* sends it out themself...right now my HR20-100 is working just fine and I would like it to stay that way.

thanks
:)

What kind of problems are coming from this CE ?
I have had NO problems, once again, my unit has been working solid for quite awhile now and I d/l ALL the CE's.

Except the Caller Id is still intermittant, I forgot about that, it hasn't sorked exactly like it should for about a year, but that is not keeping me from watching my TV so it doesn't bother me that much.

Jimbo

The only problem I've had with this is one lockup of one HR20, which may or may not have been CE releated. Has worked fine since rebooting, and was my first lockup in several months.

The expiration date thing was a concern, but they have communicated that it is a known error and normal programs will not expire.

I do really like having the expanded guide data on the info screen, and seems very reliable.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)