HR20-ALL CE Release 4/25 & 4/26

• WELCOME TO THE NEW SERVER!

If you are seeing this you are on our new server WELCOME HOME!

While the new server is online Scott is still working on the backend including the cachine. But the site is usable while the work is being completes!

Thank you for your patience and again WELCOME HOME!

CLICK THE X IN THE TOP RIGHT CORNER OF THE BOX TO DISMISS THIS MESSAGE

jcrandall

Proud Staff Member
Original poster
Staff member
HERE TO HELP YOU!
Apr 3, 2005
Central Michigan
Systems in this CE / Version
HR20-700 (0x022E)
HR20-100 (0x022C)

Window of opportunity to download:
Friday, April 25, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET
Saturday, April 26, 2008 11PM - 2:30AM ET

PLEASE READ THIS FIRST! CE DOWNLOAD WARNINGS / AGREEMENT

PLEASE READ THIS SECOND! CE DOWNLOAD INSTRUCTIONS

If you have any issues with this CE release, please post them in this thread. We'll try to help, and DirecTV will see / be aware of your issue :)

-----------------

CHANGES FROM THIS RELEASE:
  • 01 - Stability
  • 01 - Tuning and Recording Robustness

The following features were only added to the -700 Series.
  • 01 - Accurate network connection status after reboot
  • 01 - Overall Media Share
  • 01 - Channel change speed
  • 01 - History messages for recording and deletion events
  • 01 - Close Captioning Left Placement
    [*]01 - Triple Tap support (e.g. title/name/keyword search screens, favorite list naming, etc)
  • 01 - Search for PPV Movies in guide options panel

Some users with -100 series have reported constant rebooting after downloading this CE.
If you experience this, please redownload the national verison (anytime outside the CE window) and report back your results.

Last edited:
Figured I would take a crack at the update, notes unseen, seems to be 022C for the HR20-100. A little paranoid since I don't know whats changed but what the heck!

022e

Downloading 022e for my HR20-700 as well :)

edit:
I thought both the HR20's were on the same d/l versions, what happened to that ?

Jimbo

Masterdeals,
Any word about them maybe working on getting the remote to work better, of late it seems to take a bit longer for the receiver to respond once the remote button is pushed.

Maybe , I'll get my Caller Id working again with this CE :eureka

Jimbo

Well, nothing jumping out at me as being new....Interestingly however, I try channel 13-1 and 13-2 after each CE and they always have drop outs (long drawn out problem to those of us in the Rochester area, Dish fixed it with a software update, something with it being adjacent to another channel or something) been watching for a few minutes and there have been no real dropouts at this point so I'm wondering if there are OTA improvements in this release....
:Edit: Well, its happened a couple times but no where near as much as it used to...

I think I am having problems with the release on the 100. I'm in a constant reboot....it loads, gets to the "Checking Satellite" then reboots.

Any ideas?

re-boot

same thing for me....I started the download last night and it was in constant re-boot this morning when I got up....

if you are in reboots do the download again this morning and go back to the national release. hopefully it's just software.

re-boot

Thanks for the reply...that is what I have done and I am back using the national release!...

National Release

So does the current National Release have all of the various fixes that have been in the CE's the past month or so? My HR20-100 is currently at 0x229. What version is being deployed with National?

Well I was happy with 22B CE and still waiting for NR but now glad I decided to wait on the new CE since I have an HR20-100. How long does a rollout of a NR take & should I be concerned I havent recieved it yet?

Since last nights CE HR20-700, I have had numerous times where a message will pop up stating that "My computer has logged off".

Any ideas as to how to fix this, other than just hitting the OK button ?

I think I read something like this a few weeks ago on a different rec.

btw, I check my connection in the System Test and the Internet and the Network both show still "Connected"

Jimbo

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts