HR20-ALL CE Release for 5/9 & 5/10

There was talk that SatGuys was getting in with D* so that both sites were on top of what D* is working on, but that seems to have NOT happen yet.

If we have to continue to go over there to find out what is going on and dbstalk links continue, then I would say unfortunatly, D* is not sharing info with this site.

They have started some. The CE information is now being emailed from Directv to Masterdeals. I still think there is more work to be done on this part but this is at least a start.

So - back to the CE's :)

BOTH of my HR20's (a 100 and a 700) won't successfully boot with the network plugged in. Both come up fine one it's unplugged. Never had an issue prior.

My guess - it has something to do with my large hosted media server - on a NAS. All hard-wired. I'm thinking it's trying (unsuccessfully) to pull in a list, or similar.

So - back to the CE's :)

BOTH of my HR20's (a 100 and a 700) won't successfully boot with the network plugged in. Both come up fine one it's unplugged. Never had an issue prior.

My guess - it has something to do with my large hosted media server - on a NAS. All hard-wired. I'm thinking it's trying (unsuccessfully) to pull in a list, or similar.

May be something with the mediashare, both of my HR20-700's boot with no issue and are networked, but I have no media share other than a few MP3s on my laptop.

Dl'ed the update last night on my HR20-700. Seems to be working fine. The guide seems a bit faster. I hope we are able to start streaming to our pc's.

Im working on it.. I think it has something to do with the upcoming media share streaming from the reciver to your pc. If you have a dbstalk account go over there and sign up. If not let me know and I can see if I can get you on the list as im talking with tom right now trying to get some intersite coheashon. :)

Bob, any news on the inter-site cooperation?

Nothing significant to report of yet - we are working on it.

The numbers are going to be small to start this trial, the impression I am getting is they are not going to be giving out 100s of licenses for this software. It will start small and grow over time, which is similiar to how D* has done other field tests.

I think right now the canidate base is much larger than what they will choose as a test group.

For now, if you have been registered at dbstalk and posted in their CE area prior to Feburary, I'd say go ahead and enter your submission at their data collecting site.

If you are not a member or meet their CE post requirement, hang in there, we're still working on it. This is the kind of test that they may add users on a weeky basis or something like that.

I'm not sure how big the scope of the beta test will be, there is thought that D* may charge for this software/feature when it is all said and done. That in mind, they may limit how many users get the beta. That said, the beta is free, but may end or expire at some point too.

More as we know it :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Total: 0, Members: 0, Guests: 0)

Who Read This Thread (Total Members: 1)

Latest posts